Viper/ Heated Carb Control/On-Off Control

TrueBlue

VIP Lifetime Member
I have a 2000 Viper and want to get some information on the control for the heated carbs. It is a fact that I cannot move the control for the heated carbs to on or off or off to on if the engine is warmed up. Up to last season that seemed to be the problem but know it seems that the control won't move at all. You are supposed to be able to move this control depending on temp. outside. I have talked to other people with the same problem and dealer is not giving me any answers either. :?:

Viper/ Heated Carb Control

Made a mistake on Viper year. Correct year is 2002, Sorry

most of the heated yamaha carbs do this, if you want them on,(or off) turn the knob before you start it. been there done that, just a small quirk yamis have. there is no fix, it is just physics, heat=expansion, cold= retraction. i know it is not the answer you are looking for but that is it in a nutshell. ski

Heated Carb Control

That is not really true about the heated carb control. I had a 98 SX, 2000 SXr and never had trouble with this control no matter if the engine was hot or cold. Even if I wanted to move the control when the engine was cold it will not move.

I also was able to get the valve to work better by lubing it. I think I took off a rough edge too. I used Super Lube on mine.

Ding--- Heated carb control knob

How do you go about removing the control knob for the heated carbs so that I can try and lube them up. :roll:

Back