Riding with glasses

JeepTherapy

my first new thread here :WayCool: I am pretty new to this whole snowmobile thing. More used to 4 wheels, a sturdy roll cage, racing buckets and harnesses. My delema; my eyes are getting bad as I get older. To the point where I have to wear my glasses to drive. I struggle with the glasses inside my helmet. They are constantly fogged over. Right now I am riding without the glasses....

What the heck does everyone else that needs glasses to see do about the fog issue?

Last edited:

I had the same problem. I triedmany different defogger for glasses. I had found a great defogger @ Gander Mountain. The product is call Clarity Fog Eliminators

I put it on my glass and then put on my helmet, stepped outside with the tempture about 10 deg outside. Exhaled and my glasses did not fog up. Without the fog eliminators one good exhale I could not see anything. I have not been on a ride to give it a real test.

:yam: :rocks:

Glasses

I ride with an open face helmet, a turtle fur the covers my neck and mouth and a long shield.
If i am riding slow or come to a stop i open the shield or hold my breath.

The worse thing for me is going into a warm building and having my glasses ice up. Pay at the pump gas stops are a big help and lucky for me their are more and for of them in my riding area.

I have worn contacts in the past just for riding and they worked well, but I am just too used to wearing my glasses after all these years.

Full face helmet with electric visor and learn to control/direct your breathing works good till it gets REAL cold. I always found that most deflectors would ride too far up my nose and affect how my glasses sat. This is not to say you won't have fogging issues, but you can control it this way. I've done the contacts thing in the past as well and liked it. I had my eyes fixed three years ago and now I don't worry about it.

I have used the Pro-Vue goggles and an open faced helmet now for several years now with a no fog mask. Works great, best thing I have found to cure fogging of glasses. Wouldn't ride with out them. Soc

I too need glasses and I have tried quite a few products. The best product I have found to date is FogTech. It is a solution that you apply to the inside of the lens. It is available from Moto Solutions at www.fogtech.com.

I also use the No Fog face mask when it is bitter cold.

I tried the Pro-Vue goggles with my ATV helmet, but I still had fogging problems in temps below freezing.

Rattler

WOW, thanks for all the quick responces. I have contacts, hate to wear them but if that is what I have to do well so be it. Glad to see some inexpensive things to try first. I did like the sounds of the heated sheild, but hate to drop the cash into that when I really could use it elsewhere.

Contacts AND the heated sheild. It's all about safety and enjoying the days that we ride. The contacts won't fog and every ride is a good one with a heated shield. Only way to go when really cold or if you happen to get caught in freezing drizzle or even in heavy wet snow the heated sheild just stays clear, period. How much is safety worth.

sockeyerun said:
I have used the Pro-Vue goggles and an open faced helmet now for several years now with a no fog mask. Works great, best thing I have found to cure fogging of glasses. Wouldn't ride with out them. Soc

Same here. I've been riding with Pro-Vue prescription goggles for at least 3 seasons. I love them.

When I tried the heated shield, it stayed clear,but did nothing to keep my glasses from fogging. Even with a no fog mask.

Riding with glasses sucks. I usually tried to breathe downward and kept the breath deflector out of the helmet. I also had a heated shield. That setup/techique worked pretty good. But the last three years I've been wearing disposable contacts. They work great, and are very comfortable. It they are even the slightest bit uncomfortable, I throw them away and grab a new pair.

an eyeglass tech told me to try this and it does work . just use some mens shaving cream. i tried it and it works pretty good, but just like everything else it will need to be re-added after a you clean you glasses a couple times . hope this helps..try it on your bathromm mirror and let it get steamy and see what im talking about.

hey rickster I'll have to try that,because the last few days have not been good once my glasses fog up.Good on a long haul,but when slowing down or opening and shutting visor..that is it..hard to eliminate .And this is in milder weather like -14 C. Drives me nuts,have no fog mask to ,electric shield...glasses eventually fog.

They are not cheap,but the BRP Modular helmets work with your glasses and no electric shield is needed.

Back