FINALLY!! I ran my best top end this weekend (with videos)

NY_SXR700

Website
www.sohonetworkx.com
I am actually setup for snow-x corner to corner stuff, however this weekend if you wanted to ride, straight and fast was all we had on the ponds. I ran 104 best run Friday night on Cranberry Pond. Saturday I did a little helix swap and BANG 110 on the gun. Here is a video of 110 on the gun and some digital stills of my sweet ride. http://www.sohonetworkx.com Click on the SXR stills and SXR videos. I have to say I am not into the top end stuff but 110mph when your gears ar setup for 109 at 8900 was SWEET!! I ended up at 9300 or so, on the tach. The CPR's were pulling like a freight train. If I had studs I would have added a bit more mph. I was still spinning at full top end speedo was anyplace between 115 and over 120 depending on the track spin. Doug

Those Vids were great, do you have anymore?

What was the Arctic cat that was always so close to that srx? You should stud the track on your sxr, looks like it runs pretty good.

There was an F-7 with pipes running 114/115 on the gun. Two Vipers showed up late Friday night to run the F-7 and I bet them Vipers ran mid 120's except the first one ran out of gas and smoked the motor. The second one just melted. They were both VERY fast sleds but neither lived to tell the story. The F-7 is still running strong. Doug

WAS THERE THAT FRIDAY NIGHT!! 3:16

DOUG, I WENT THERE WITH MY 00 SRX AND 96 V MAX 4 800 TO RACE THAT F-7 AND THE REST OF THOSE CATS THAT FRIDAY NIGHT. THEY WERE MORE INTRESTRED IN SPEED RUNS THAN RACING ME IN 660 F.T. I LEFT RIGHT AFTER MARK BLEW HIS VIPER UP. I WILL SEE ALL THOSE BOYS AT JACOBEYS. !! 3:16

RE:

NEXT WINTER ON THE ICE ON CRANBERRY POND THE CONES WILL BE SET AT 500 F.T. AND 660 F.T. !! END OF STORY. NO RACING ACROSS THAT POND IN THE DARK. ALITTLE DANGEROUS FOR MY LIKEING !! 3:16

But guys i thought yamahs were slow lol according to everyone else i have fun with my gps still havent had a guy beat my 120 on a stock sled like my stock srx.I put a 24/38 gearing in it so i want to try it again see if i can get bigger then 120. Boy you could sit outside all day and get money betting people there sleds wont do 105 mph these are the past gps numbers i have seen. 2002 Xcr 800 107 mph, 2001 edge X 600 96 mph, 2000 mxz 700 90 mph, 1998 sx 700 108 mph, 2001 srx 120 mph,that is all i remember running the gps so far not to impressive for that 800 and i was the rider on all of these sleds because i only weigh 125 lbs.

TOPGUN, I WENT THERE THAT NIGHT TO ICE RACE. THESE GUYS WERE RUNNING 1/4 MILE + WHICH IS FINE, BUT I AM NOT SET-UP FOR THAT. ANOTHER CONCERN OF MINE WAS BEING ON A POND AT NIGHT, OPEN WATER CONCERN ON A UNFAMILAR BODY OF WATER. THEY WERE ALL MAKING SPEED RUNS IS WHY I NEVER UNLOADED MY SLEDS. I WANTED TOO RACE THE F-7 THAT RAN 115. !! 3:16 (tony)

NY_SXR700 , you said if you had studs it would give you more MPH but that is not the case, the studs add a lot of spinning weight slowing top end down a bit. still, 110 is pretty darn fast, the fastest I got with my srx last year on packed snow was 115 on the gun.

Yeah. Link didn't work for me either. Interesting GPS numbers though. Any idea what a stock 03 Viper will run? Bought a non-current last year but didn't get a chance to radar or Gps it. Out of a group of friends (mainly yamaha's) i was consistently the quickest out of the hole (good studding pattern i think). We were running an ice course on a lake. Was beating two vipers, a 700 sx and my friends SRX. SRX had better top end but was spinning too much of the line. Only thing to beat us was a heavily modded T-cat with over 200 hp under the hood that was set up for drag racing. Funny thing is in a stretch of about 2000 feet he was only like 7 or 8 sled lengths ahead of my stock viper (wasn't even broken in yet.. only 300 km on it). Good showing for the Yamaha.

Back