Thinking about a REV?

jonscottj

I know I am not going to be very popular here. I have been on Yamaha Sleds for 10 years and currently own an 02 Viper that runs great, but I just can't deny how much sense the riding position on a REV makes. I'm torn between putting an M-10 in mine or switching. Will an M-10 makes that much difference? I have replaced the shocks in my 02 per the recall.
Help Me!

If you like the riding style that the REV provides get a REV, there a Nice sled. An M-10 Rides great but the weight transfer and topend speed are less than the stock Pro-action skid (though everything else is better). BUT with the M-10 you are still stuck with the riding position that the Yamaha has (Which I like, I'm more of a sit down rider).

y don't u wait 4 a chance 2 ride the 05s
the vector should ride great
i hate the rev (not just because its a ski-doo) its hell on my knees
ride an o5 before u decide

:twisted: I rode a rev and it doesn't like me.Most people that like the rev are brand loyal and will try to talk you into it but I think skidoo will change rider position in acouple of years. I personally don't like it give it a try and see if you like it before you buy it. :twisted: :twisted:

I agree red devil...just look at the new Mach z...the rider position is moved two inches further back...I really don't care for the rev either...my next new sled with be a Yamaha four stroke...new rear suspension, no more two stroke oil/smoke...and a normal riding position.

new ride

I have one of each
99srx700 maxxp long trave
04 gsx rev 600 HO
I ride both srx handles better rev rides much better
I don't mind the srx until I ride the rev then I can't remember why I like the srx so much, Oh yah tripple tripple
smooth trails fast running srx all the way
for 70 % of our ridding beat up trails garbage rev rules

:twisted: :twisted: Your talking about an 99 srx travel and shocks to a 2003 ho. But anyway I personally don't like rev seating position,maybe you do but compare something newer. You maybe right but I felt the riding position could be in the middle between the two. :twisted: :twisted:

rev

It is definatly a different ride, not for everybody
my srx is long traveld with a 136 inch track
the ride on the srx is very good it is the riding position
I really don't like having my knees above my hips not very comfortable
my back and legs are much less tired after a day of pounding trails with the rev
on my srx I am always puttng my feet behind me and ending up in the rev riding position on a sled not made for it, for smooth trail cruiser my srx is awsome

You guys will hate it but the rev is the way to go. I personally can't stand to get back on my yamaha in the trails anymore. There is no comparison. I have bad knees and they never hurt on the rev. I still ride my viper around the fields but not in the trails. My 600 sdi will kill my viper evertime to 90mph too. It will also outrun my buds 600srx in drags and in the trails. They are both stock. The only bad thing about the rev is it can get cold. If the rev had a yamaha engine it would be even better.

skids on '05 will not make the riding position any diff. the rev (& maybe the fusion) have a better riding position. the actual "ride" may not be a big difference, but the position of the rider makes it feel much better

REV

I have read a review of the the new rear suspension (Supertrax) on the 05 RX-1 and they said it feels like an M-10, which is a huge improvement, but like it has been said in other replies, the riding position won't change, if you guys want a clean 02 Viper with 1229 miles cheap, I have it for sale in another post

M-10 on a Viper.

To answer your question on should you buy an M-10 for your Viper. I bought one for mine and I love it. Yes you will loose your ski lift but I have adjusted it to where I can lift them about 6" on the snap. It just kills me what Yamaha is doing to there sleds and dumping the Viper and going with all 4 strokes. I told myself that I would put on the M-10 and ride if for 2 more years since it is piped, all reclutched and a few other tricks. I will most likely go to a F7 firecat or a new 1000 Z skidoo for my next sled. I have owned Yammies for over 8 years and loved them all.

I rode my 02 viper for about 7oo miles at the start of this season before there was enough snow to be grooming yet and just plain got tired of getting tired of wrestling with this sled! Went out and picked up a 05 Renegade and I'll never look back! 3.588 smilin miles on this sled so far this season! The Viper has some good points but the ride in the bumps is NOT one of them.
02 Viper ER for sale 8,200 miles, Like new, senior owned, all new suspension bushings, bearings and rear axle wheels with replaceable bearings, rear heat exchanger, 1.5 reclipped track like new, new in the package Hyperfax red color, $3,500 OBO Central NY
Hodgesrx@msn.com

over & over

This topic keeps coming up, and my point is simple. At least go ride all flavors than decide. BUT you need to give them an honest try.

I rode Y for over 20 years, and jumped ship this year, and so far I am VERY happy all the way around. Y has the best fit &finish, but that is the only thing they are in 1st with. Although I did NOT buy a rev, you must consider one. They have gained 47% of the market by not just loyal doo fans, but a nice product and naturally good marketing/7C

If you ride in bumpy trails like me you want to get your back on on another machine for a test spin

Are revs on the tippy side though???

I noticed that most of the people I see avoid ditches and steep embankments on them. Are they top heavy? And are you stuck in the same postion? On the old school machines we can stretch out and relax on smooth trails.

I'd like to spend some time on a rev and an f7 and see what they are like.

I also switched from a viper to a rev this year. I miss the sound,smooth power, and gas mileage of triple but that is about it. The rev is a little more tippy than a "normal" sled but not bad. You have to give yourself awhile to get use to the rev. One year ago I swore I'd never buy a ski doo, but......... I love it! :WayCool:

Spend some time on DOOTalk Forums. The only reliable engine that Doo has at this time is the 500SS. Admittedly not a bad engine, but not 2006 compliant. The SDI and the HO engines have a lot of unhappy owners. So many that there is even petitions being signed to get Doo to fix them. A sled on the trail is worth two in the shop!

Not top heavy or tippy for me and I treat banks at road crossing and ditchs with the same respect as with conventional sleds. One disadvantage is the loss of abilty to jump or lift the skis over small creeks, ditchs etc. The front end is all but glued to the snow! and yes my compression is dropping and will need to be addressed by my dealer. Overall a great sled that I do not get tired of riding no matter what the trail conditions.

Realibilty an Issue with Skidoo

I have rencently switched from a skioo to a Yamaha. I have owned and rode skidoo's since 1998. I was going to get a 2004 model, until I read about all of the problems that sled owners were facing. Mostly engine compression issue's and Ball joint failures. Anyway's I picked up a nice brand new 2003 Viper with a full two year warranty. When I first road it, I was ready to set it on fire to collect the insurance money. Then I took it back to the dealer to get the soft shock kit installed. Now it rides alot better. Only thing I miss about the skidoo is the ride quality in the bumps other then that, the yamaha is much better. Fit and finish is great excellent gas and oil mileage. Those skidoo rev's burn alot of oil. I'm use to using 25 litres in a winter and I was surprised that my viper only burned 6 litres of oil last winter over 2500 miles. What a big difference in economy. A few years on my viper and I will have saved enough in fuel and oil to upgrade to a newer sled. Woooo Hoooooo. Oh Yeah I love a tradational riding position, since I spend all day standing and walking on concrete at work. Sure is nice to be able to sit down and enjoy the ride :-)

Back