My new RX-1 Project.......

familyman

Lifetime VIP Member
Well I purchased this rx-1 one week ago.

What I found is that the track clips are all shoot #$%&* .

The anit-ratchets are shooooot #$%&* .

The Hi-fax are shooooooot #$%&* .

So today I started a reconditioning project. I purchased a track, drives, hi-fax and what the he #$%&* l, Reverse while im at it.

Attachments

• 100_0017.jpg
    100_0017.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0018.jpg
    100_0018.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0021.jpg
    100_0021.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0020.jpg
    100_0020.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0022.jpg
    100_0022.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Looks like fun!!lol Might as well put a different rear skid in while your at it. Cat skid ,Expert X , M-10, come on its only $$$$$$$$$!

I dont think I want a different skid. With the olins and the mt transfer straps this sled is alot of fun.

Well I pulled the shaft out...I couldnt believe what I saw.

Okay, I am going to be as nice as I can be when I talk about this project. As alot of you may know it was purchased from a fellow TY. So, whoever put the drives on the shaft should have asked someone before they did it, because they sure didnt know how to do it themselves.

#$%&* FIRST.... One arrow is facing south, the other arrow is facing north.

#$%&* SECOND...Someone didnt take the time to align the hex...because the drives are completely off. Sure dont think the sled would have rotated them. Check out the picture I know its not very clear, but they are completely rotated from the right position.

I need a ;):D

Attachments

• 100_0024.jpg
    100_0024.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0023.jpg
    100_0023.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Sled has a grey tint in the sun. Mostly black. Reflective white decals and it the ohlins really stand out on this sled.

I cant wait to get it done and just look at it...since we have no snow. ;):D

Familyman, how did you even spot that, you bought it and took it all apart to find? I wouldn't even know to look for that stuff (besides the hyfax)

I posted in the 4-stoke forums about what all happend. One responce...why didnt you look over the sled closer when you bought it.

My reply is this. The sled was mint, looked it over but didnt flip it over. Picked it up when it was dark. Everything look very good.

The problem found me. It was pretty obvious when I tighten the track.

The track was as loose as it can get, so I tighten it then the problems started. It would lock up and really act up. Then when I check into it farther. Thats when I found what I found.

Last edited:
Sorry about your luck familyman. That one of the cons about buying used sleds. How can you be sure that everything is the way it's supposed to be? You can't hardly. Basically the only way to prevent stuff like this from happening is to buy a new sled and I'm sure this stuff happens a few times on new sleds too.

One nice thing...I will have all new parts in this thing when im done.

Probably wont even ride it unless we get 8"+ in Iowa. Otherwise it will only be road out of town.

;)!

Back