Test ride rage and vector

LoneViper

We went to West Yellowstone over the weekend and rode Yamaha's latest and greatest. There was a 136" Rage, two short track Vectors and an RX1 with monoshock suspension.

The Rage was real smoothand handled the bad trail well, just kind of topped the bumps. One Vector you couldn't keep on the trail, real bad darting. The other must of been set different because it would just fly. Gas it and the skis were off the ground and away it went.

Engine breaking on the short tracks was hard to handle, let off the gas and the sled wanted to come around. Trail was slush. I think things would be ok on a 151" track. The Rage was'nt bad.

The RX1 with new suspension was different, it was the roughest riding of the lot I am sure some adjustment would cure that.

No Mountain Vector, it was at the show.

The three cylander motor was smooth and would get right with it on a long pull. I don't know if it would beat a stock Viper though. No real snow to try it out.

A little Sunday night reading, Take it easy guys.

Thanks LoneViper,

I've been trying to decide between a monoshocker RX-1 and a Rage. I've been leaning toward the Rage, even though I love the motor in my '03 RX-1 it's just a beast in the turns.

I ride mainly in Northern Wisconsin and the UP Michigan. Anything from tight and twisty woods trails, wide open Autobahn RR grades to boondocking off trail on forest roads.

I like packing the saddlebags and going for long rides where I run into many different conditions so the Rage sounds about right for my style of riding.

Thanks again for your post LoneViper :D

Back