99 vmax a good sled?

dewthedew

hey i was looking at a 99 sx500 at a dealership that they took in for trade they are asking 2 grand for it and it has 3 thousand miles on it? What are the good and the bads of this sled? How about hp ratings im looking for something stronger then my old 440.

99SX500

Dew, That would be a great improvement from a 440 depending on what you currently have. My wife has a 99 Vmax 500 and her sled will run around 90MPH all day. The SX should be about the same. The sled will really handle great through the average trails, My wifes has the 11.5 rear and 9" in front and rides like your on a cloud! The SX has 7" front and 8" rear but will also ride pretty good, but it will give more of a sport suspension feel. I think you will enjoy! AKA Bluebullet

yah my old sled was a arctic cat jag 440, not very reliable. I heard that some sx500 were toping out at 80? Was that just one particular year or something? Anyways i want something that will last and this seems to be it

sx500

:yam: i bougt a non current sxr 500 2001 and i love it! mine is currently stock :lol: and i was gettin 80 mph on gps on a firm but wavy trail this winter. i bought it to trail run and my bro is havin problems keepin up with me on trail with his viper. i love how it handles the twistys and the bumps but i like small quick sleds anyway. put 1500km on it this season and gave me no break downs . only thing that bent was lower control arm on rock that was turned up by groomer. the sled is solid and i love ti! ;)! hope this helps.

yes you will have alot of fun on this sled right now i have a 98 V max 600sx these sleds are fun. the only down part is that the suspension isnt the greatest but they can be easily improved. they do have some good acceleration adn speed for a 500 adn 600. that sled will be a very nice. trust me you will have some fun. even though you cant find alot of after market parts for them, they still are pretty quick adn snappy.

they are awesome sleds :rockon:

I have run one on the grass for the last few years in the amateur class, and I swear to the snow gods that all I do is put gas in it and it wins, I set it up 3 years ago, and just ride it.

www.holeshot.ca

check it out if you want, it's an awesome sled, nice and light makes it very flickable on the trails and in the air, and good power for a 500, makes alot of other 500's look pretty stupid

SX500

I think it is a great sled. For some reason it has had bad press reports and dismal results at the Amsnow shootout. I have found the sled to be very fast and reliable. About the only drawback that I know of is it is more thirsty than the 600SX tripple or 700sx.

:rockon: hmmm my sxr has almost the same rear travel as a viper according to the specs. the front spec quoted above sounds right. and yes it is thirstyer than my bros viper. on a trip together the viper will be at about 1/4-3/8 of a tank left when i have to start lookin or thinkin about the next fuel station. its usually better if i dont hold it wide open across all the lakes or ponds i come across and we have a lot of lakes and ponds to cross around here never mind swamps.

Back