Viper shocks on MM

sockeyerun

Test Dummy
This subject comes up alot and I have asked before myself. Well, I have a pair of 03' Viper front shocks and have tried to install them on my 02' 700MM. With both shocks removed and jacked up till the skis are off the ground. With the Viper shock bolted on top there is still 3/4 diff to line up the bottom bolt. Are you guys that are using them, compressing the shock to get them to fit? Are you using a skid plate? :? Soc

I compressed mine to make them fit. Yes, I have a skid plate. They work great once you get them installed. On my wife's sled I backed the spring collars off so that they are as loose as possible. With the sled in the air they just kkep the springs seated. Cut out the sway bar, and she couldn't be happier.

bit of info

By compresing them to get them on, you have no more travel than you had before. you need longer rad rods to get the full affect of the Long travel. I put a set on my sx, and had to compress the shock to to get them on. Measured travel when i was done, and belly pan clearence. Had same travel, and less clearence. I actually could get more belly clearence with the short shocks and adj height brakets. i am thinking of going back to the shorties, if i can find a cheap pair, and sell these viper fronts. Maxdlx

Back