SRX questions

SlowSRX

How much oil should I be using evey 100 mile's??? The oil pump timing was way off, and I was using a quart every100 miles.

I talked to other's that only use about 1 cup for an entire trip :Moon:

I just had the timing changed and would like to know what the proper amount should be.

Also I read that the stock silencer works better then any aftermarket unit. So I took my mbrp can off and put the stocker back on. Good move or bad move?

Installed v force delta3's changed the jetting back down to 147.5's all the way across. With 152's it was terribly rich. I have a cold air kit and a semi gutter air box. I just wanna be safe at zero degree's.

What is everyones clutch engagement, and were do you have your's maxing out. I have mine set at 3800 for engagetment, and it maxes out at 8400. I was told you need an early engagerment to get it to hook up. And anything after 8400 you'd be losing power/speed.

I run a maximum performance clutch and 192 1.075 studds. Have transfer rods on there too.

Also I read that people are breaking there rear suspension skids? Where do I need to be looking, because I ride it pretty hard through the whoops.

Any help is appreciated

:yam:

Hey Slow, I do disagree about the aftermarket can (I saw your other postings on TY and Amsnot) Let's say you even LOST 3-4 HP on the top but I still say you will gain at midrange not to mention the weight savings alone plus the sound is worth it imho......

As far as the reeds go Yamaha has some of the best so there isn't a gain there as well as the cold air kit????? Some people like it some don't (Iv'e owned them with and without and didn't see a change....

Your engagement sounds good???? But I am NO clutch expert (that's why I have friends to help set mine up) I run to 8600 on tach but 8500 on My digitron so who's to say?

The "W" arm in the front is prone to cracking or breaking at the welds.... I have a welded one so no problems but heck SRX's fly but not the greatest big bump sled.....

Shoot almost forgot..... I went through 1 quart every 250-400 miles but definately agree w/MrSled about the way it's being driven.... If you are honestly looking to go fast (really fast!!!!) I would say work on clutching (can't help you there) porting, heads?, or of course go big bore!!! If you want to lose some weight (and spend some serious money) go with a Fast M-10 or Expert-X on the back and ditch the stock yoko!!!!

Remember this is just my opinion...... results may vary... take 2 aspirins in the moring.... Midol for cramping.....

Back