1997 Vmax SX 700

Check compression. Also pto crank bearing was weak & packed it in at about 4000k. Check for cracked w-arm in the suspension. Stators also needed replacing occasionley.

New guy

Hey I'm a newbie

I have this same sled and like it alot. I love the triple sound and always get good milage. I have also seen 180 km/h on the speedo several times. My brother in law doesn't beat me by much on his Viper either.

I have broken the same suspension arm mentioned above twice (jumping it). It wasn't a big problem either time. I have also had trouble with the jackshaft. Bent it once and blew out the bearing last year.

But don't let that scare ya I love the sled and would buy another one.
:rockon:

sx

The sx's were one of Y's best accomplishments. I agree with Turk, but also the waterpumps go at some point ---look for antifreeze just below the header pipe.

I ran, raced and beat my 99 to ablmost 6k miles and only had the suspension issues---get a pioneer performance long travel kit or long travel the entire sled.

I would buy it if its clean

I loved the 97 sx700 that I had as well. I would look at the track and suspension make sure things are good its not a bad price but I would try a few hundred lower.

last year i picked one up for $1700 with 4500miles, $1900 seems to be fair if the sled is in good and not beat-up condition...CP

Back