SXr or SX Viper?

Bakemono

Website
www.myspace.com
Im looking to purchase a newer sled to replace my Phazer. Im going to be in the market for a '99 or newer.
Ive seen a few '97-'98 600 and 700 SXs for around $2500, but most of them were pretty well used up.
Id really like to be able to find an '00-'02 600 or 700 SXr for around $3000-$3500.
For a little more (about $4000) I could probably get an '03 SX Viper. A local dealer had one last winter that they wanted $4200 for.
Do you think it would be worth the added money for an SX Viper? I know the Viper has the powervalves, do they older SXr's have the powervalve also?
How much better is the suspension and the ergonomics on the Viper vs. the SXr?
Thanks

The Viper and SXR motor's are completely different. The Viper engine has more in common with the SRX engine. No power valves on SXR's. Suspensions are very similar, with the Viper shocks being valved stiffer. The Viper shocks can be revalved to suit your riding style. Biggest difference between the two sleds is power and styling, the Viper has more power and top end.

take a vote

The sx/sxr motor is fantastic, and the entire package is lightweight. This sled was sled of the year twice (sx&sxr) and for good reason.

I think most people will agree the sx/r is a better built all around package.

The Viper is 30lbs heavier stock vs stock, and a higher cg.

Back