ST. Germain first weekend in March

Rex

VIP Gold
Going to be at my cabin in St. Germain the First weekend in March (3/2 – 3/5). Anyone going to be in the area on those dates, let me know we could hook up for some riding or some..... ;):D

I'll be in St Germain that weekend. Perhaps we can get together and do some riding.
I'll be staying at my parents' house in Indian Woods subdivision. Perhaps we could meet up at the BP gas station in town or something.

Yea that sounds like a great plan. We would arrive on Thursday around 4 and most likely ride that night. What day is best for you? Let me know and we can arrange something.

Going to be riding in St. area from thursday morn to sunday morn. Ride from 20 mph-50 mph. Know my way around area very well. Not sure you want to ride with me as I ride red. I don't know how you like to ride. If its balls to the wall, I'm out. If it is a nice pace then I'm in. I normally ride 100 miles min a day with little stops. Not much of a bar man but will drink once home.
Ask octane about me. He knows me well.

Were you staying at...? I would put us in the same riding category we mostly stop on the trail with the exception of meals we don’t drink at all until home if at all. I don’t know what we have planed for riding yet we like to push the 250-300 mark on one day if not more depending on how the trails pan out. We mostly head north and will most likely head into the UP on one day.

At my parents house. Not crazy about mi trails and the $20 sticker.
Let me know. I am leaving tomorrow night.
Can meet at bp as octane stated, if so.

Just a little FYI, Man_of_sithl is my brother. We both ride red, but at least I bleed blue.
If you wanna ride with us, thats cool. We dont ride too crazy, but we do enjoy ourselves. We mostly stay around the St Germain/Sayner/Eagle River area. As MOS said, not big fans of MI because of the $20 sticker and because their trails are usually pretty beat-up.
If you want in, lemmie know and I will make it happen. I was thinking perhaps we could meet at the BP in St Germain Friday at 9:30 am. Cool?

Man I am swamped at work, I don’t think we will be up there until Friday now….. IF we make it up there I will try to be at the BP at 9:30 each morning look for 2 03 Vipers, a red one and a blue one. I can’t seem to find my TY stickers or I would have put them on a long time ago. If we don’t touch base have a good trip.

Keep me posted. My parents have the internet at their house, so I will be checking on TY all weekend.
Just incase you do make it up there and we meet at BP, here is me. I most likely wont be wearing the MX helmet. I got a little frostbite 2 weeks ago, so I think I will be sticking with the black SnoForce helmet from now on.
I will have the same jacket though.
Just look for the red and yellow Polaris being ridden by a guy with a black Yamaha jacket with blue flames on it. Dats me! ;)!
If you can meet up with us, cool. If not, maybe next time. Im going to be out enjoying the last snow of the season either way. :WayCool:

Sounds good I will not have internet access up there or thur. But I will look for you on sat if we make it up.

So Rex, did you ever make it up north this past weekend?
My brother and I managed to ride 430 miles this past weekend. Not bad considering we didnt even ride on Sunday.
The trails were pretty good on Thursday and Friday but by Saturday afternoon they were pretty well used up. If they get temps in the mid to high 30s next week like they are forecasting the trails are done.

Sorry we did not get a chance to meet up. We made it up there on Thursday night. We did our long ride on Friday (300). And Saturday I dropped the ball and did not get up soon enough to make it to the BP by 9:30 maybe next time sounds like you guys had a good ride; I could not believe the traffic on Saturday. You are right anything in the sun on Sat was shot buy 4, we stopped and ate and loaded up after that.

We rode 120 miles on Thurday (in the near powder conditions), 160 on Friday and 150 on Saturday.
We could have rode another 50 or more on Sunday, but we decides to load up and head home early because of the forecasted snow.
We rode up by Presque Isle on Friday and the traffic was crazy. I swear we almost got ran off the trail at least a dozen times by oncoming sleds. People need to learn to stay to the right and to slow down when its a tight, twisty trail.
Its a shame we couldnt meet up, but theres always next year.
I really hope I can make it out to one of the TY rides sometime soon. Itd be nice to go riding with some of the great people Ive met on this site. Oh well, maybe next winter we can make that happen.

Back