96 Vmax Xt Skid Re-work

dnale

VIP Member
I am pretty much finally finished replacing bearings and bushings on the rear skid. I do have a new shaft ordered so I'll have to replace that Friday but it should be like new then.

I learned alot and I appreciate the help everyone gave me. I'm sure I'll have more and more questions....

Attachments

• skid right.JPG
    skid right.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 53

dnale said:
I am pretty much finally finished replacing bearings and bushings on the rear skid. I do have a new shaft ordered so I'll have to replace that Friday but it should be like new then.

I learned alot and I appreciate the help everyone gave me. I'm sure I'll have more and more questions....

Good glad to hear it...should ride awsome now..:)

It sure did. I had the "opportunity" to ride a rental 2003 AC z570 fan. It wasn't terrible but it didn't have the acceleration or snap that the xt does. Then I rode a 97-ish phazer. It was pretty similar to the Z570 but it was quicker but still no snap.

I think overall the suspension work was huge and man does it have transer now!

I have a question for you guys. anyone know if there is ANY difference in the geometry of the 96 sjid and the later proaction long travel sleds? I know the W-arm is tube rather than square. anything else? were they just sprung and valved real soft and that attributed to the ride quality? thanks for any light shed on this :)

Back