W-arm,SRXdude?

wanasrx

Came across an old post where you mentioned breaking the w-arm on your 96' xt. Last winter a broke both of the little triangle brackets that hold the w-arm to the rails. Is this common or is something out of adjustment? I was hammering it pretty hard in the bumps.

if you drive it hard, it will break. a weak spot on yammy sleds, i broke mine 4 times till i reinforced the hell out of it, now it is fine. 97 700sx

one thing I found on the w-arms is that the rubber stoppers cuase all the problems, if you remove them arm will never hit the rail it will bottom on the shock rubber bumper 1st.

Thanks for the info. I did buy a couple of extra brackets in case it happened again(which I would reinforce before putting on). I'll remove those rubber bumpers too.

What? MrSled is that true? So on my SRX take them out? Everyone else that has an SRX say they will slap like heck without the rubber stoppers in there.... :o|

it will bottom on the shock bumber on the shaft before it will hit the rails....try it and you will see if you feel I am wrong.....please take a look at it ;)!

I dont think it's a good idea to remove the rubber stops. It can damage the shocks and break the lower shock mount bar. It's happened to me.

the real key is to pull the rubber stops and have it revalved progressive and you would be surprize on the gain in travel and the ride.....this is what I have done but its really your move. If you pound the piss out of the sled you will break things plain and simple.....

Back