RE: ceramic coating questions

MountainMax

RE: ceramic coating questions

I heard some people coat the insides of the pipes/manifolds, is this better? is it like polishing the exhaust ports? same principal? does it help quiet the pipes any, my bender triples are loud at the pipes, not the outlets.

RE: CERAMIC COATING SLED PIPES

MoutainMax:

On occasion people ask to have the ID of sled pipes coated. If the pipe was rough/cast inside it would improve flow slightly, but this isn't usually the case in a sled pipe. The only real advantage in this application would be improved corrosion resitance & thermal efficiency. Again, in a sled application, the pipe is constantly oiled so the corrosion advantage is negligable. There may be some slight sound deadening avantage as well

As for "Y" pipes and manifolds, there is an advantage to coating the ID & OD in that this is typically the hottest part of the pipe.
The biggest advantage for after market pipes is:

-Consistant pipe temps
-Improved exhaust scavenging
-Reduced underhood temps
-Eliminate rust & thermal shock/stress cracking from thin pipes
-improved looks

We offer these coating in Chrome, Satin Silver & Black. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at info@CCPerformance.com.

Thanks,
Curt

Thanks for the information, tha'ts what I was interested in, sound deadning, and the manifolds , if they are coated inside it's like continuing the polished exhaust ports right? , and they look kick ass to boot.

Back