Vmax XTC summer project

obsessed

Hey guys I just wanted to post some of the ideas I have for my sled for over the summer. Being the long travel model I decided I wanted it to handle better in the bumps and go better in loose powder. These are the plans tell me what you think. Oh yeah its the sled in my Avatar.

Take the decals off paint hood black
5" risers (I already have Renthal Race Bars on there)
C&A Pros (Red)
1" camo plast Predator
144 1.075 gold diggers with black square backers
MBRP trail can
Thinner Head Gasket
And sticker up the hood.
Oh yeah I am gonna loose the mirrors too
P.S. the 5" risers are because I am 6'4".

obsessed said:
Hey guys I just wanted to post some of the ideas I have for my sled for over the summer. Being the long travel model I decided I wanted it to handle better in the bumps and go better in loose powder. These are the plans tell me what you think. Oh yeah its the sled in my Avatar.

C&A Pros (Red)
1" camo plast Predator
MBRP trail can
Thinner Head Gasket
And sticker up the hood.

put your sled make and model in your avatar.. ;)!

Last edited:
obsessed said:

C&A Pros (Red)
1" camo plast Predator
MBRP trail can
Thinner Head Gasket
And sticker up the hood.

sounds awsome man a great start...........

I have the same exact sled as yours. I just got my hood painted black this year and looks awesome. i took the mirrors and electric start off and reverse. i also put sx/sxr bars on it.

depending on miles you may wanna clean and rebuild the clutches as well as align them, also look at getting the bushing kits for the front and rear suspensions to tighten the slop back up, and if you haven't you could look into the shock update kits rebuild/recharge as well. some of the other things could be replacing the rings and checking your pistons and such for wear, as well as the idler bearings. thats about all i got...

sxviper32 said:
depending on miles you may wanna clean and rebuild the clutches as well as align them, also look at getting the bushing kits for the front and rear suspensions to tighten the slop back up, and if you haven't you could look into the shock update kits rebuild/recharge as well. some of the other things could be replacing the rings and checking your pistons and such for wear, as well as the idler bearings. thats about all i got...

All ready done my man! cost me 1100$ for pretty well an entire sled tune up. The last owner didn't believe in preventative maintenance. :die:

sounds like a good start! why remove the reverse and mirrors? I can see the electric, it is heavy. the rest seems useful. I have mirroms on my viper, girl has them on the sxr. both look good :) just wondering... sounds like the rest will be nice! any pics of the bars? want to change mine. leaning towards cat bars, but open to ideas! post up some "before" pics

I really like the renthal rac bars because they are wider and I am a big guy. The reason I was going to ditch the mirrors was for looks and because with the handle bars I can't see them because the bar ends cover them from where I sit. But I am selling it now so I guess it doesn't really matter.

why you selling it - they are great sleds - do the head gasket mod and clutch it will run with a viper on the lake or trail. great sleds, I have one like yours and a 2004 Viper S - I like them both, although the Viper rides a little better.

Back