TY ride thank you and 07 update!

S.X.

VIP Member
Tom and the rest of the people from both TY and Yamaha,

Thanks for a fantastic time, ridin the 07's made the 7 hour drive worth every minute. Unfortunatly we had to cut our day short on Saterday and did not get to ride with you all, but overall it was excellent even though mother nature wasn't. I was hanging around during Saterday mornings general public sign up and I can tell you there where quit a few people in Yellow and Green lurking around and signing up to see what all this 4 stroke stuff was all about.

Quik overview on the new Phazer:

I personally liked the FX better than the GT for the rough and sloppy conditions we had, but I can tell you this thing ate the bumps and absorbed the hits with minimal effort. I am not the typical "stand up" type rider but even at 6'4" I fealt very comfortable standing on this sled and attacking the rough stuff. The engine sounds somewhat like an ATV and pulls plenty hard for a 500, I can see the target market absolutly loving this sled.

Thanks again TY and Yamaha, another perfect showing from Big Blue!

;)!

Last edited:

I second that opinion....

All the 07s are amazing machines.... even in the rough trail conditions all the models did very well..... the nytro, attack, rtx, and phazer loved the bumps... the phazer especially.... i actually found myself lookin for the worst bumps when riding the phazer... an amazing 500 class sled....

thanks to Tom and YAMAHA for putting together friday for all of us TYers.... it was a great experience, and a good feeling knowing that YAMAHA cares about its followers... especially the ones here!!!!!

I'll third that, even after being scolded for "leaving the trail" with the Phazer(went down the right side of 422 just after we crossed the highway). I had a great time and would like to thank Yamaha and Tom for putting this whole thing together. Incidentally, the Phazer GT took the "off-trail" riding in stride and my rather large mass only bottomed it once during my adventure and I'm sure it was set for joe average. I was very surprised by how little wind I could feel hitting my legs. I thought for sure I would be having flash backs from my Exciter SX, but I swear it seemed better than the Vector for wind protection. I also literally felt like I could have rode standing all day if I had to.

The other 07's were great and this was my first shot on an Apex as well. It was a good opportunity to compare long vs. short, mono vs. torsion, rider forward vs. conventional.

Thanks again Yamaha, glad I could be a "Test Pilot"

crewchief47 said:
I'll third that, even after being scolded for "leaving the trail" with the Phazer(went down the right side of 422 just after we crossed the highway).

I was the one right behind you! and I almost followed you, glad I didn't - LOL

question FX vs GT

Did the FX have the wind deflectors like the GT on the gas tank? Or did the GT only have the wind deflectors like the pics on the website show.

i dont think the fx had them..... but they were protos so what comes home in the fall???? even the fx that had the bikini windshield (that it will come with) seemed to do a good job of wind deflection.

viper_chick said:
Did the FX have the wind deflectors like the GT on the gas tank? Or did the GT only have the wind deflectors like the pics on the website show.

No deflectors on the FX that we rode, according to my pics. Now you have me wondering which sled I was on when I was checking for wind. I was just moving my brake hand around my knees to try and feel where the wind was going.

onlyblue said:
i dont think the fx had them..... but they were protos so what comes home in the fall???? even the fx that had the bikini windshield (that it will come with) seemed to do a good job of wind deflection.

Thanks guys, I'm already going to order the FX next weekend. I'm not too concerned about the windshield, I'm running a shorty on my Viper. I had thought about ordering the GT shroud from around the headlight for the FX so that I have the wind deflectors there and maybe, just maybe, Yamaha will have the wind deflectors as a loose item you can order for around the gas tank. When we looked at the proto's in Traverse City, they looked like you only needed to drill some holes and bolt them on. Thanks again guys your feedback is great.

viper_chick said:
I was at Yamaha's snowmobile show last night in St. Cloud, MN. The Yamaha rep that was there said the wind deflectors that the GT has (FX doesn't have them) will be sold as an accessory that you can put on the FX. There are 2 sets. One set flanks the headlight and the other set is on the hood by your knees.

Back