1997 vmax 500

V-Maximum

Ihad this machine for two years now and I have been tryng to get more power out of it since day one. I have a B&B race scilencer,reed stoper notch,and carbon tech reeds.This year im getting a new track and also a new clutch. I want somthing thats really going to perform, both track and
clutch, any sugestions? Can I fit a 1.25 on this baby?

I'm not sure on the clutching for a 500, but for the track, a 1" or .95" camoplast predator or challenger would work well. The challenger will most likely be cheaper and a little lighter, depending on style.

A 1.25" should fit no problem. Might have to remove the tunnel protectors though. As for clutching and gearing, have you checked out the Tech pages here on TY? I think there is a set up for the 500 on there that people seem to be happy with.

Take alook at the tech area and you dont find anything you like give me a holler....also VMax John has been running his 500 for wuite sometime, he would be another good source for info. :rockon:

Thanks for all the info guys im going to get the clutch set up and the 1.25" track. But im building this machine to beat a 1998 XC 600 twin. So I guess im going to have to do somthing drastic. How about gears?,or mabie even shaving the heads? anyone try those mods on this machine? :yam:

Gears and head work would help. You may still have trouble getting by the 600, though if it has work done to it as well. The 600 cylinders are ported better and really come alive with a few mods. Also remember, though yamahas tend to be the exception, that there is no replacement for displacement. ;)!

Back