winter prepare

max

Im gonna start fixing my sled for the winter.a mm 700- 01,it has 6000 km.im thinking of .
1 replace drive shaft bearing(pto side)
2 check motor mounts.
3 check chain and gears+oil change
4 clutches,clean and inspect
5 i had my bender can apart this summer,had it repacked and now its leaking from the top were the rives are.will this solve itself after some riding or do i have to put in some more rivets,ther are now 3 rivets.
Do you guys suggest anything more.The sled is in perfect condition(looks like new)Have a nice winter./ max

I would replace the rivets but most importain get that old gas out of the tank and clean the carbs.....we dont want any green slime in them....

I normally fill take with fuel stabilizer and leave for summer, clean carbs(and all other maintenance) but use that gas, are you saying i should drain tank and fill with new fresh gas before i start fall cleaning and set up.....

Fuel stabilizer helps to keep the crud from forming in your carbs. I always drain the old gas even with the stabilizer and put in fresh before riding. It's cheap insurance. Only took me one time of blowing up my motor to learn this lesson. :shock: :oops:

Back