89A-10 setup

butchwll

Does anyone have rivet weight setup for 89A-10 with 48/42 helix for 2001 srx mostly lake racing with a little trail

Thanks Butch

make sure you have 15mm rollers, and then add 3.6 g in the inner and 4.5 g in the outer w, stock primary spring and a white sec spring set at 0-2

butchwll said:
Does anyone have rivet weight setup for 89A-10 with 48/42 helix for 2001 srx mostly lake racing with a little trail

Thanks Butch

89a-10

Mr Sled,

With the 89a-10 weights, you recommended a 0-2 twist. Im used to seeign twist angles in the 60-80 deg. range. Is 0-2 equivalent to 120? Sounds like a lot.

I bought some heel clickers last year and were going to try them this winter until I read some posts of few blowign up and doing some extensive damage in some cases. Ive decided to stick with the Yamaha weights for tuning such as the 89a-10's and 8dn-20's. I ahve an 02 srx and Turk suggested a 48-40 helix for a more aggressive setup with the stock 8dn-20 weights. Any experience with helix, spring combos with the 8dn-20's?

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Run a silver yammie spring at 60 degree wrap! The 48/40 i suggested with the 8dn-20 is an adavnt-edge helix & his cuts are way different then anyone elses. You can,t compare his 48/40 to let,s say a Micro-belmont or Dalton...they won,t even be close. The 89a-10 weight will pull harder then the 8dn-20 but backshift is not as god!

helix differences

Turk,
could expand just a bit on how advantage helix is going to differ from other cuts? Are his angles steeper or more shallow or other?

89A-10 is the weight Hauck uses in their #4 clutch kit,along with a silver sec. spring,Hauck orange primary and a Hauck G1 helix of which I do not know the angle. This kit does work very well though not sure on the rivet weights

Back