My '02 SRX 700 Triple

yammy_freak03

Website
www.winnipegsportandleisure.com
Hello there, i just finished buying a 2002 srx 700 triple, with triple pipes and i am thinking of puting an aluminum brake disc on it....can anyone help me out i would like to know what the top speed would be like...if someone could tell me that would be great
:D

hey man i have a 2001 srx 700 and on a good day she will go 120mph , its a crazy sled but i need money for school , i gotta let her go....... :cry:

just wondeirng how much did u pay for your 02??

You've bought yourself an awesome sled. I also have an '02 and won't give mine up for anything. The power is unbelievable, the handling and control are excellent and top speed is more than you'll really need. Speedo's are usually off, but I've registered 120 several times. There's very little vibration and the gas mileage is out of this world compared to a lot of the folks on different manufacture's machines. I routinely got 15 mpg and when babying it, got close to 20 mpg. On one ride I went 170 miles without filling up and still had over a gallon in the tank.

Although many complain about the lack of rear suspension travel, I personally don't care about hitting bumps and being cushioned so I don't feel it. I'm pretty much old school and grew up (still have one) on the 70's sleds with no absorbtion. I feel the SRX rides great and if I hit a big bump, so what; that's part of the fun and the sport of snowmobiling. If that's the downfall of this potent monster which fills the gap in almost all the other categories (except deep snow performance :wink: ) then I think I've got it made. After riding a Firecat last year (10 miles) I couldn't wait to get back on my SRX......I like it that much.

You'll find a lot of good information on this site as well as Ty.net concerning your machine. Mine's completely stock and it will remain that way as it out performs any of my expectations in a sled. I really can't imagine "waking this sled up" with small tweaks here and there since it's already a screamer. But that's just me.

I also like the DCS, but you'll hear pros and cons about that system, also. It's a great feature that does what it's supposed to do. Don't get too caught up with letting off the throttle though when and if the light starts blinking when smoking down the lake. Let it do its job. If it begins blinking faster after the initial blinks, then you may want to let off a bit, but feel the machine out. It's not going to melt on you since the final stage will limit the revs. See, easy. No thinking. That's what I like 'cause I'm lazy and don't like to work.

I did jet my sled one size richer the first ride out, not only because it was extremely cold, but also I wanted to start my base readings from a richer setting. In -20 temps with that jetting, they were still reading rich, but my gas mileage was still in the mid teens. I never fouled a plug and my DCS light only came on once during WOT. With the temps in the 20's and 30's, I put the stock mains back in and had perfect cardboard color readings. In a nut shell, although I trust the DCS with jetting on the edge, I will probably reinstall the one size richer jets prior to riding this winter (in the beginning) and moniter again from there for later in the season riding. I don't mind the small (if any) decrease in performance associated with operating a bit on the rich side. By the way, I never did foul a plug last year in 2300 miles. (Run the 9ECS).

Hope this helps. Hang on and have fun.

Jon

Back