Drag racing Viper project

Nice Neil.. Jez why does our sleds look soo much alike??? LOL!!! I can't wait to see your sled man Shit.. What about the Phazer, did you test drive it? shes looking awful Low! what are you doing to it, junking everything, Adding Hp?? Porting? bigbore? looking Great.

BTW: are you selling those Parts you have in the corner, im sure you can make some Extra Coin by doing so!

Last edited:
I never test drove the PZ yet, they should have one in soon (I hope).

I'm gonna chop alot of weight and replace stock parts with light weight parts.

More HP in the future but probably not this summer.

Yeah I'm gonna have a crap load of parts to sell (nice stuff too), when I get everything together I'll be making a list. There's also some things I'm looking for that I can possibly trade some of my parts for.

Is it going to be a lke racer or are you setting it p for drag racing circuit.Are you making it a imrove stock or a prostock?

pro116 said:
Is it going to be a lke racer or are you setting it p for drag racing circuit.Are you making it a imrove stock or a prostock?
hey ryan is your keyboard missing keys? lol! :Moon:

neil, Why cant you be In 7Mod? and 8MOD and then 1000 open. They wont place you in Open calss because of The weight and how low its sitten. It only matters on the Horse power. i think.

Neil, dont you think you should make somthign up, as to when you want to get a good Weight Transfer out of the hold./..

I.E) Foot things?? so your foot dont fall off while gettin out of the hole, right now you have everythign cut off( back part of the tunnel)

Get rid of your oil inj. if racing only, Drill your track, drill holes in your trailing arms, rid of the hood (makeone, Mesh). Get Race Handlebars, Drill some Holes in your Skid(rails) get some lightweight parts. etc..

Last edited:
There's alot more to be done yet, that track is going for one. I'm just trying to get it pieced back together to try it out before the snow melts, then it's coming apart again. I wan't to try out the rear suspension, I might have to shorten the transfer rods and put them back in.

The rear of the tunnel isn't finished yet, I'm going to rivit the pieces I cut out up further. I did this because I found there wasn't enough room to get my arms in there to make shock adjustments etc.

This is just something to pick at in my spare time, since I have a new sled coming I don't really care too much, also, trying to do this without spending alot of money.

The pile of parts is getting pretty big, I removed everything that wasn't needed, many things are already drilled like the slide rails etc. Still more drilling to do.

I was at the dealer yesterday and a customer came over with a busted reverse chaincase cover, I just took mine off 20 mins before that so the first part is sold!

While I was there I saw a rebuilt crankshaft out back. Yours?

no !?!!? Re-built? i dont know morly told me On the phone * Adrien benard* said your crank is toast and wouyld be a whole lot cheaper to buy a new one then to get it rebilt, i think its horseshit.......

well safe to say you are keeping your viper ;)! can't believe you are tearing that beautiful sled apart. good summer project though :rockon:

if your going to race this at a sanctioned event you may want to buy a isr rule book before you go any further.

Neil, let me know what you need to know as in rules for our races and ill tell you what you can and cannot do. from the pics i can see no front susp. that means open mod.

Cool thanx, well that's pretty much it except a different track, probably with picks, a set of drag skis, maybe a big bore and/or porting. Maybe some paint and powdercoat over the summer. Please fill me in on any rules I should be aware of like belt guards, snow flaps, etc. Thanx again.

What do mean no front suspension? There's plenty of give in those steel bars! lol

if your in any class other than open modified you need 1" susp. in front and 2" in back. gotta have a snow flap, belt guard and tether cord all for safety reasons. no nos in modified classes except 1000 open and open modified. nos can be hooked up but not turned on. a 2% bore rule is in effect for all classes except open modified. this means in 700 modified you can be at most a 714 in 800 modified 816 and etc..

if you have any questions just give me a p.m.

Back