max perf remote belt deflection

scooter

Hello,
Today I'm trying to install a Maximum Performance Remote Belt Deflection adjuster. The instructions say to remove secondary and remove three 8mm bolts with shims at back of secondary, which I have done. I reinstalled the secondary, then you're supposed to remove aluminum spacer, any shims, and flat washer from the mounting bolt. Install new aluminum spacer (included in kit) put bolt through recessed side of belt deflection adjuster and new spacer and tighten. The problem I'm having is all the in and out free play, in the secondary clutch, that I once had before installing this is gone. :shock: One other question, when installing a new secondary spring at 0/2, I put the one end in #2 hole in the sheave and the other end of the spring in the #0 hole in the helix. I then had to turn the helix clockwise the line up the holes for the studs. Does that sound right? Thanks for all the help in advance!!

you lose the freeplay when mounting the deflection adjuster. most all other sled mfgs have no "float" in their secondaries. some say it will give you 1-2 hp at the track making the clutches more efficiant "if" your clutches are lined up center to center and offset, with the solid mount secondary. i dont know how much truth their is to that but thats what is said. ski

Back