Stud Clearance?

wreckless700srx

I just did a track swap on my srx. I put a stock Camoplast track from a 99 T-Cat under it. Its turned backwards, has a .91 inch lug height with 240 1.187 studs. I only have about a finger's width of clearance between the studs and the heat exchanger in the front. This seems minimal to me and I'm a little worried that I may put a stud through it. Has anyone ever run a 1.187 stud on an SRX? What should my concerns (if any) be?

T cat track

What do you mean when you said the track is turned backwards,If you mean you installed it backwards you could be looking for trouble tracks are directional and installed back wards it woun't lost very long
:rockon: :rockon:

I have run the tracks backwards many times...it wont hurt anything...the arrow is for proper installation....some tracks are more aggressive in the braking direction thus why we put them on backwards. The 1.15 is the longest I have run in a srx but you have to look at the heat exchanger protectors and if the track hits them. How close will they be???

Brad, we turn the track bacwards for better traction....like Tom said.....they are usually more agressive in one direction than the other.......as mentioned....this is meant for better braking effect. For hardline accelleration some tracks (especially this particular "cat" track) hook really hard if you turn them backwards.

Mr. Sled: The track is notched above the windows....so the track doesn't hit the protectors at all.....but like I said....I only have about a finger's width (about 1/2"-3/4") of clearance between the stud and the surface of the heat exchanger itself. I Think Jwifferdill is running 1.1875 studs too....I'll check with him to see how much clearance he has.....thanks for your help....

Wreck

no problem ;)! ;)! What I was trying to say is that you want the track to hit the protectors at those location beore it eats the cooling fins....with an extra 1/8" for if the rubber folds slightly..hard to explain... :o|

I got ya now Sled.....my concern was with the track being notched above the windows, that it would allow the studs to travel closer to the exchanger. I did some measurements last night though.....and even after the track bottoms out on the protectors.....i still have a good 1/2"-3/4" of clearance......I think that should be alright. Thanks again for your help. I guess I could have done the measuring on my own before posting....but it's always easier....and sometimes quicker to just ask to see if anyone else is already doing the same thing.......one of the great things about good friends and informative websites.......keep up the good wark....it is much appreciated by all.

Wreck

Wreck, I'm actually running 1.25 inch Extreme Max studs, but I believe they are the equivalent to a 1.18 in Woody's. I've yet to have any problems with them. Are you going to Haydays?

Back