SX 230 High Output & Superjet

mdkuni

Has anyone driven either of these? I would like one of each. If only I had the money.

I am curious to know how the 23-foot boat being powered by jets handles in the chop.

Attachments

• 06sx230HO_01_red.jpg
    06sx230HO_01_red.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
  • SuperJet.jpg
    SuperJet.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 15

Snojet Steve said:
Superjet is junk compared to an SXR, there's no comparison, just go ride one.
Wow, Pretty strong words don't you think? :bash:

They are flat and unnatural feeling to ride. Some people like them but then the power isn't great either. Lots of people expected to see the 800 in the superjet like what the pros use but it hasn't happened yet.

All Im saying is that its fine if its not 1st choice of ski's, but to go as far as saying its "junk" is kinda strong.
If I said old Sno-Jets were junk compared to Chapperals, Im sure you might get a little affended.

Chapparals were nice sleds so no offense there and some of the late model SST's are too lightly constructed for their own good (they can't take a beating except for drag strip runs). Ok now, lets point out something about Yamaha's marketing squad. They claimed that the 88' Wave Runner was the first sitdown PWC so what does that make the 68-69 Sea-doos and the 82' Wet-jets? They claimed the 1990 WR III was the first 3 seater when Sea-doo's GT model beat it to the floors by a few months. The superjet was first built as a 633cc unit back in 1990 then changed to a 701 in 1993. Then in 96' It was redesigned to carry alot of the 94-95' FX1 features (spring assisted handlepole).
So considering they were built from 1990 to so far, 2006 with the same model name, yeah....they are the best selling standup of all time. Sorry about the "junk" comments, thats a little too harsh.

Snojet Steve said:
Superjet is junk compared to an SXR, there's no comparison, just go ride one.

My brother has an SXR and I'd take my SUperjet over it any day! THey are nice and carve great, but IMO, they aren't much fun when it comes to free riding. I've ridden them all and nothing beats the SJ for free riding. The SXR is a pig, just like the SXI and SXI PRO ( I owned both). If i were into racing, then maybe the SXR, but that would be it. I take my brother out of the hole every time.

The SXR is a more planted boat, made to stick turns and race for sure.
Well, I'd say frig the superjet AND the SXR for freestyle. The superjet is NOTHING like the FX-1 was. Ever see one before? They were only out 2 years then they tried to combine the FX-1 design and the Superjet design into one machine.

Snojet Steve said:
Chapparals were nice sleds so no offense there and some of the late model SST's are too lightly constructed for their own good (they can't take a beating except for drag strip runs). Ok now, lets point out something about Yamaha's marketing squad. They claimed that the 88' Wave Runner was the first sitdown PWC so what does that make the 68-69 Sea-doos and the 82' Wet-jets? They claimed the 1990 WR III was the first 3 seater when Sea-doo's GT model beat it to the floors by a few months. The superjet was first built as a 633cc unit back in 1990 then changed to a 701 in 1993. Then in 96' It was redesigned to carry alot of the 94-95' FX1 features (spring assisted handlepole).
So considering they were built from 1990 to so far, 2006 with the same model name, yeah....they are the best selling standup of all time. Sorry about the "junk" comments, thats a little too harsh.

FYI...

THere were more superjets sold from 1990-2002 than any of the Kaw. skis. Until the SXR in 2003, Kawasaki kept the "SX/SXI" nameplate with all of their 750 skis.

As far as the 2007 SJ, I know it will not be the race proven 800cc engine. It will be a four stroke of some kind (unfortunately ). After 2006, 2 strokes will no longer be allowed in any mass produced PWC.

The Superjet hull has been unchanged from 1990. In '96, just the top deck was redesigned.

Well..the Yamaha and Kaw owners will always fight but at least we can agree on one thing... the Sea-doo standup was a TOTAL flop! One thing I'll say for the SJ's is that they handle mods and power well...stable on high speed runs and they feel comfortable getting air on at speed.

Well, supposedly Yamaha has been working on a 4 stroke standup since 2002. It would be sweet if it is comparable to the hydrospace ski but without the high price. THe only downfall is the weight factor... you can forget having a ski under 300lbs.

Yeah the 3D has got to be the biggest flop ever in the industry. The funny thing is, any pwc enthusiast saw it coming.

yeah, what is up with the 3d? that is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. i saw one last summer on the river, from a distance it looked like the guy was riding a pogo stick stuck in a bathtub

Back