-0 degree freestyle bars
-500GPH bilge pump
-Many other misc. mods

Attachments

• 100_0390.JPG
    100_0390.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

They are a blast to ride... I've been riding pwc for almost 15yrs and have never had as much fun as I have with this one. I've had several sitdowns, but got very bored with it and decided to go back to the stand-ups. We have a 3person Doo for a relaxing time, but I never ride it.

It's a 2000. 1996-2006 are identical (other than graphics). Rumor has it that they are redesigning it for 2007!

Last edited:
are the ride plates hard to put on? thought about getting a riva rideplate and ppk kit for mine. don't know how hard it would be.

That's a sweet SJ!! I love those...but I simply cannot ride one. Every time I turn, I lean over and steer the wrong way (like carving powder on a sled)..not fun!!

Timebomb...get a PPK, a 13/19 solas or a Nujet 6.5 prop and an intake grate first. Then get a plate...all of that is easy stuff to change. I've got lots of GPR info if you are ever interested...my goal is 75mph this year (with only bolt on mods..no engine work).

DoktorC said:
That's a sweet SJ!! I love those...but I simply cannot ride one. Every time I turn, I lean over and steer the wrong way (like carving powder on a sled)..not fun!!

Timebomb...get a PPK, a 13/19 solas or a Nujet 6.5 prop and an intake grate first. Then get a plate...all of that is easy stuff to change. I've got lots of GPR info if you are ever interested...my goal is 75mph this year (with only bolt on mods..no engine work).

what do you have for a gpr? how expensive is a 13/19 solas prop? what will i gain w/ ppk, prop, and intake grate? looking for better performance on a budget, ;)!

I've got an '00 GPR w/PPK, Nujet 6.5, Riva grate, Riva plate, Riva tabs and a Jetworks mod for the waterbox. It runs 72.4..most of which is the prop and plate.

The PPK helps holeshot and keeps the pump and prop from being eaten up by cavitation. The Grate won't add speed so much as it keeps the ski hooked up more as the speed increases. The stock grate should not be used as you approach 70mph. The 13/19 or nujet I'd find used..usually around $130...there's lots out there. I'm sure I could find someone with one for sale. I did mine on a tight budget and if you just buy the stuff that works it's not too bad.

I started at 64.6mph...and I'm sure I'll be at 74 this summer. There is tonnes of speed in this boat just by playing with the plate and tabs!!!

They run an 800 in the pro skis. I'd bet they are comming out with an 800 in a new platform next year. I remember the 94-95' FX-1's those were wicked for freestyle!!
They used alot of the FX-1 design for the 96' superjet but I didn't find them nearly as fun to ride. I'm looking into ridding my gas guzzlers for a new standup soon. I have one of the first consumer standups ever made... 1976 Jet-ski 400. It gets alot of attention, noone ever believes how old it is.

I'll see what I can find for pics. It's not restored yet but the machines from 76-right up to the later 550 SX are all the same platform. That also makes it very easy to get parts for.

www.freehomepages.com/bigblues/my76sst2.jpg

This is the only pic I could find with the ski in it and you can't see all of it but it's just 1/2 proof of it's existance. There was a guy in CF who restored one completely with proper colors and everything but he put a 750 in it! I'm putting a 440 in mine, the original 400 is too gutless. The 400-440 externally look exactly the same so it's not really going to change the outward appearance much. I have the 400 but the crank is a little iffy on it for my liking. I'll see if I can find a full pic of one. Other than mine, I have only located 2 other owners of 76' Jetskis.

Snojet Steve - One of my friends I ride with has an FX-1. Talk about unstable. It's bored and runs in the upper 50's, but it's not too fun to ride at those speeds. Way to keep the old 76 runing!

12118062.jpg

ajviper said:
Snojet Steve - One of my friends I ride with has an FX-1. Talk about unstable. It's bored and runs in the upper 50's, but it's not too fun to ride at those speeds. Way to keep the old 76 runing!

reminds me of my limited class built X2...

that thing darn near killed me once, but I loved that ski. 0-50 in nothing.

I went through the whole progression of ski's too.
stand up, to sit down, to sport craft, to 3 seater,then 2 seater, and now I want a standup again. My parents still have my bored and stroked 95 SL650. it is good for a laugh from time to time. I took my dog (90 lb lab)out on it last summer.

What I don't see is why yami let polaris rule the open class with the octane 800cc standup for a couple years before now, like 4 years after Polaris gave up on PWC , to update the SJ.

The DNR rules in WI for PWC sure make it tough to have any fun on a ski, regardless of type. I once got asked to do a sobriety check after being stopped while I was on my X2. The cops did not understand why I could not balance on my x2 when it was off. That was in 95, some 20 years after the original kawi standup JS came out. I almost got hauled in that day because they were so naive that they did not understand that sit downs only became popular like 5 years prior to that incident. the rules got more strict in 2001, so that pwc had to be slow no wake 200ft from anything else (shore other boats etc) while any other watercraft only has to be 100ft from shore to legally be above slow no wake speed.

that, and while I used to jetski a lot, I have had more tards on PWC come far too close to me while being towed behind my ski boat, so I kinda agree with the new rules.

still, I want a standup again for screwing around

I have a SJ I would let go. 90 or 91 I forget. Got some decent mods, pipe, paint, impellor, rideplate, intake, pads, you know. Probably $800 for it.

Back