My 97 switch out project

kysledneck

Well some of you know I traded my polaris prox 440 fan for this 97 SX 700 all stock, I have a Orange 97 SX 600 with lots of upgrades so instead of pulling the motors I am going to switch the parts! Big job! Today got a good start! I think in the first pic is the problem the 700's had with a wire short! This one has not rubbed through yet!

Attachments

• IMG_7841.jpg
    IMG_7841.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7842.jpg
    IMG_7842.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 20

so you gonna post some pics of what you got done or what? I didnt know about any shorting problem on the non-powervalved 7's, only the PV'ed ones rubbing through on the rear mag side motor mount (very common).

yamaholic22 said:
so you gonna post some pics of what you got done or what? I didnt know about any shorting problem on the non-powervalved 7's, only the PV'ed ones rubbing through on the rear mag side motor mount (very common).
Well I was not sure about the short problem for sure just remember reading some posts on that issue & I removed my exhaust & was cleaning up & there it was about to rub through the wires! I will have more pics soon!

The 700 is covered up out side! This is the 600 starting to be stripped!

Attachments

• IMG_7847.JPG
    IMG_7847.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7848.JPG
    IMG_7848.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 16
At it again! Got the 600 running & out to the trailer to go to the supply house! The 700 now orange is in the garage & waiting on a new skid & several other parts soon to come!

Attachments

• IMG_7908.JPG
    IMG_7908.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7905.JPG
    IMG_7905.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7904.JPG
    IMG_7904.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7903.JPG
    IMG_7903.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
Doing some coloring!painting under the hood, new 8mm wires, new Viper skid, have aluminum radius rods & heim joints coming next week!

Attachments

• IMG_9210.JPG
    IMG_9210.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9212.JPG
    IMG_9212.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 17
Front end alluminum rods are on New Viper skid installed, new chaincase seals bearings DONE waiting on a new 68L chain Getting closer!
A few have asked how i did the alluminum rods, I used the stock metric inner rod ends & then went inch on the out side, Had to drill out the trailing arm holes for the radius rods 1/2" & the stearing rod ends I bought in 7/16 all chrom molly & way cheaper than finding metric!

Attachments

• IM000657.JPG
    IM000657.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Look what came today! Thank you sxrsist

Just came today! Looks like new! once the weights are on the secondary is ready to go should be ready to move this sled out & bring in the 600! Had flurries here today!

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
ya a monthe later and it shows up, prbly close to 6 weeks, beware sending canada post to the states,gets a little stressfull, looking very good, nice job

sxrsist said:
ya a monthe later and it shows up, prbly close to 6 weeks, beware sending canada post to the states,gets a little stressfull, looking very good, nice job
Good advise! I really figured it was lost or stolen! Thanks again for a great item! Got to run the sled on a stand today, Found out my clutches are out of allignment about 1/4" or less worried about trying to move it over but has to be done!

Lined up cutches & installed my LED's

Getting closer!

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2261.jpg
    IMG_2261.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
auji700triple said:
I have Leds aswell, but i dont know how to install them.. Are they a Tricky install? i have about 12 red Leds
Not at all! I run all my wires to the front, tie the red 's (wires) together then the black(wires), use a black jumper for a ground and a hot to feed the red ones, go to a new switch on the dash, mount lights, done! I had the snow force on my 600 so this is the second install for me! Got a little smarter this time ran my wires in the rolled metal on the out side of the foor rests no exposed wires!

I like your orange sled i looks soo sweet seein a orange yami, wanted to paint mine when i seena polaris with a all orange metalic hood, just never got around to it and would rather spend money on other stuff like my new track

Last edited:
fastassyamaha said:
I like your orange sled i looks soo sweet seein a orange yami, wanted to paint mine when i seena polaris with a all orange metalic hood, just never got around to it and would rather spend money on other stuff like my new track
Thanks! The pics do not do the sled justice It is House of kolor tangelo 3 step pearl paint job. I am getting close to it just being black orange & just a little silver, still have a few things to do then I can start on the 600! This is the best pic I have

Attachments

• IMG_5405.JPG
    IMG_5405.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 10
Wow very impressive. Love the look. That will for sure turn heads, and also get ready for lots of conversations with strangers. Looks good.

chadg said:
Wow very impressive. Love the look. That will for sure turn heads, and also get ready for lots of conversations with strangers. Looks good.
Thank you! You know it hit me as funny last year we went to Gaylord MI for a few days & we stopped at a real small gas station & the son of the owner came running in and said "Dad there is a orange snowmobile out here come look!" I would have thought that in that area about enerything has been seen & done, that there would not be many suprises but the little dude seemed to realy like it when I turned on the L.E.D light he just looked at me and smiled made me feel good lots of time & money in a 97 sled you know?!

Back