01 srx or 02 viper????

srx600

I have the possibility to get one of these what are the goods and bads of both. my dealer has two 01's. one with bender clutch and can with 5700 miles for $4250 and one with no mods with 5200 miles for $4000 (consider sleds in norther maine are expensive) Also my dealer likes to take trades on sleds that have mods and not give you more if its modded, but charge more if it is when selling it. (as you can see with the prices)

I can't physically look at the machines so condsidering they are all equally in good shape......I may be inclined to pick the SRX. The 2001 was the best SRX IMO. Yes the '02 had the DCS, But some guys claimed it was too sensitive. If you were mentioning a Viper-S, then I'd pick the Viper being that was it's best model year. I own a 2002 Viper. It is a decent sled, but I had to put on revalved shocks (originals were too stiff) and a different track for better bite. MY Viper is a decent trail sled, looks a bit nicer, has better headlights, but I like the all out power the SRX has. I would put a Maxx travel rear skid kit in it, a decent track,clutch it and hang on tight. This is just my opinion. Good luck.

My local dealer has several hold over sleds that are brand new. I still think they have an 02 Viper for sale. They had them all marked down for several thousands less than list.
www.amespowersports.com

Back