srx jetting

scooter

I have an 02 srx and was told since I have DCS I could jet cyl. #2 and #3 to 145 and use one of the 146.3 from one of the others in #1 carb. Was also told to move one of the half shims under the needle clip to the top side of the clip, but not moving the clip itself. My question is do I need to move the shim just for the #l carb or all the carbs? This meaning I would have 2 shims above the clip? And will this all be OK or am I going to burn it down. The only mods I have are different cluth setup in the primary and secondary. The clutch setup was recommend by Mr. Sled.
Thanks

Even with the DCS, I'd say those mains would be a bit on the lean side. I personally wouldn't do it unless you'll be running in extremely warm temps. I've found the jetting chart to be fairly precise when it comes to the outside temps and which jets to run. If you find you're going to be WOT a lot with stock mains, then expect to set the DCS off every now and then. Not always, but occassionally.

Many will tell you to run the '01 stock mains, but I find that to be a bit rich and the plugs will show it. I've had extremely good luck right between the '01 and '02 main jetting: (This is from memory and the #1{pto side} may be incorrect - #1 - 148.3, #2 - 147.5, #3 - 147.5). Just look at the jetting chart and you'll see that number which I'm referring. This rarely set the DCS off and gave me great reading even in -20F temps. I do put the stock mains back in if I know the temps will be in the thirtys during the day.

Keep the clips stock and the needles stock. You'll find those run a bit on the rich side and this will eliminate headaches when the temps start dropping.

Jon

I just got home and checked my references; the PTO side main should be 148.8 (not 148.3). I told you my memory wasn't too good.

Jon

I've got a 99 SRX and I'm running a bit of a modified airbox and 147.5 147.5 148.8 seems to be pretty good jetting, although I think on above zero days I could get away with 146.3 146.3 147.5. I would go with what ecocopter said though and try it with the 148.8 147.5 147.5 and if you need to you can always drop down a size. I would much rather be a little rich and too lean.

I took out the pto jug & piston on my 98 700 MSRX running a 148.8 main jet. My airbox has a few cuts in the top of the shelf & it was a -25 day with a real high barometer!

Back