Viper Skid/Riser Project

Viper Treats

Getting started on the Viper riser and skid project. The doo skid I got off ebay needed a little TLC, but the seller came good for the damaged parts so I can't complain. It cleaned up better than what the picture shows. I will show a picture after I have the slide rail repaired. Pictures included of the power madd pivot adapter block and the 2" riser block, for a little under 4" total rise. If it was my sled I would have gone with a 6" rise block at least, plus the adapter, but for for my wife's sled this height is good. The extended brake line came out of http://www.jazzmotorsports.com/. Jason is good to work with there. The picture shows the banjo fitting bolted on. You could go with a higher bar with that brake line if wanted. I will put more information on part numbers and prices on the riser work when I get everything together. I know lots of people ask about them, but I want to make sure everything looks good first with the air box in before I post that. Right now waiting for skid parts and new jets. I am also adding Boyesen power reeds, and going to a single head gasket. Sled already has a Hauk #3 clutch kit.

Attachments

• Axle Damage.jpg
    Axle Damage.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Bent Front Shock Mount.jpg
    Bent Front Shock Mount.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Doo Skid Complete.jpg
    Doo Skid Complete.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Junk Axle Shaft.jpg
    Junk Axle Shaft.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 445

More pics.....

Attachments

• Brake 1.jpg
    Brake 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Clean Motor.jpg
    Clean Motor.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Bar Riser.jpg
    Bar Riser.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 30
  • Sled Before.jpg
    Sled Before.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
i went with a power madd 4" block with the pivot adapter to put me around 5.25" total. I had to do all the cables and electrical. The brake and oil line i got was for a 05 mountain viper and i dont think i could stretch either one much more. I am thinking of going to the 6" block but need to find oil cable and brake cable long enough. are u saying the brake and oil cable u bought would be long enough to go with the 6" block and the 1.25" pivot adapter (7.25" total). if so can u post the parts and location i got them from. thanks

If your talking about the repairing of the rails were the rear axle wore the slots, Ski doo has a repair kit for that. Basically its 2 U-shaped pieces of steel channel that fit in the slotted area of the rail, one top and one bottom. They worked pretty well on Wingnut's Ski-poop!! And a lot cheaper than a weld job thats going to wear again anyways.
Good luck with the project, I put a Cat skid in mine and its a totally different sled.

Last edited:

Back