Damn,BR9ECS 's are expensive.......

SRX7

Correct me if I'm wrong,these are the correct plug for an 00 SRX.
$19.99 (cdn) for a pair.
The price you pay for performance.LOL

i just bought a box of 10 at the snow show for 35.00 solid tops too :) but yes if you goto the dealer, grab your ankles! and they dont kiss you first either. ski

I started running EYAs in my SRX and in 1.5 years have not had a problem. They do not foul nearly as easy and are cheaper too. Some will say they might cause problems, but I've yet to see it. $35 for ten ECS is a great deal.

The best I've done is $5.40 @ but have not fouled any since returning to stock jetting on 2000 SRX. Someone is really taking advantage of alot of people at the other price you stated. They won't be in business very long :Moon:

I have two 00' SRX's one I bought new and the other I bought last year and I have never fouled a ecs plug yet. I put a new set in at the beginning of the year, just because and that is it. My guess is that if you have a problem it is due to poor fuel, not letting it warm up enough or way wrong jetting. Just my .02

SRXtrafast said:
The best I've done is $5.40 @ but have not fouled any since returning to stock jetting on 2000 SRX. Someone is really taking advantage of alot of people at the other price you stated. They won't be in business very long :Moon:
Actually it is a huge store (Canadian Tire) they are all across Canada.LOL

SX7 said:
SRXtrafast said:
Actually it is a huge store (Canadian Tire) they are all across Canada.LOL

actually canadian tires pricing is way out to lunch on small engine plugs, WAY, there auto plug prices are pretty good, but the little stuff is rediculously expensive most small engine repair shops and dealers can beat there pricing.

If you know anyone in the Auto Parts business they can usually save you some money. The UAP/NAPA type of automotive jobber supply distributors buy them at a good price. As an Acklands-Grainger employee(we merged with the Uni-Select automotive warehouse distributor) I can purchase for 8% over cost which works out to 5.18cdn. each with the solid terminals. I don't think the dealers have the purchasing quantities to get that pricing but Canadian Tire is making an outrageous margin @ 19.99. I just sold a 2002 MXZ 700 (I still can't believe I bought it) to get back on a Yamaha and the Ski-Doo dealer was quite adamant that using any other plug would risk damage to the engine that would not be covered under warranty so I wouldn't try to save a few bucks by experimenting with other less expensive substitutes.

yamahay, also they make two different gapped ecs plugs, one is gapped .05mm (.018) and one is gapped .08mm (.028) these plugs are UNGAPPABLE! trying to resize the gap on these weakens the electrode and failure is immenant. btw i was told by my doo dealer not to run the ecs's in our 02 700 doo renegade (sold now) he said to use the powersport champion plugs (i hate champions) or the old stand by br9es. i bought a set of the champions and ran them in it for almost 4000 miles and no problems at all inc riding in northern ontario on some -35 or colder days. ski

Skidooboy, I had no idea they came in 2 gaps. I haven't picked-up the ones I ordered yet. Do you know what the part#s are that go with each gap?

dude dont be stupid i have a 01 srx with tons of mods to the motor and the body and i run straight BR9ES

I run eya's in my viper!

I have been running BR9eya's for about 5 years. I currently have 3000 miles on my viper and I'm only on my second set, changed them at the start of the season. I run these plugs in my skidoo for 10,000 trouble free miles. No reason to spend a fortune on different plugs when these work great for me. Ps I use premiuim fuel, since here in Canada it is a cleaner burning fuel.

plugs

well heres one for ya, i boughta set of br9eix iridum plugs, they have a real fine electrode and i thoght that would stop the fouling, but WRONG!!! and #$%&* they were 10.00 bucks a plug!!!!

Has anyone tried Denso Iridium plugs????Or are they the same as running the br9eix's???? Just wondering

Don't any of you guys read "SnoGoer"? They had an article on the BR9ES/BR9ECS thing in the February Issue, Page 18.

"The only difference between the two plugs is the electrode. The BR9ECS plug has a lower angle on the ground electrode, which makes it more durable. There aren't any differences in the reach or threads."

Back