Best VIPER Extension!

viper222

looking to extend the shorty 02' viper to 136" or 141". was wondering who has the best kit and helpfull service people. i've been looking at maxximum, mpi, hartman, all those, but wondered from your experiences, who has the best one for the money. too me they want a lot of money for what you are getting, just don't want to get screwed. thanks.

Last edited:

I have put on Mountian Performance and they have some really nice kits....have had great luck with them and have never looked any further. I am sure Max Perf and most of the others kits are nice as well....did I even help...LOL :o|

i used a partial mountain perf kit and tracks usa rail extensions on the srx worked great. if you have the srx style rear cooler i would buy a tunnel extension only from maxximum perf, then buy the hoses from napa (grape ape knows the numbers) then buy oem hose covers and longer flap, and tracks usa rail extensions. the reason i like the tracks usa rail kit is, it utilizes 136" hyfax. and has better rail support and strength. no matter what tunnel extension you buy get the 144" one. it will be a cleaner install and give you more room in the rear for a rack and usable space back there. my .02 ski

I went with a similar setup to skidooboy on my SRX. I did a lot of research and ended up with the max perf. kit becuase it accepted the srx heat exchanger and the rail extensions from track usa are really slick. If you have updated your viper with the SRX heat exchanger this is the only way to go. I would go with the same size extesion as track, I just like the tighter look.

I dont know about his extensions but everything else Hartman sells is pure quality. He offers a lot of advice if you take a minute and talk to him.

2003 Viper ER 136"

Last year, I picked up my two new 2003 Viper ER's and decided to put a 136" ripsaw under mine. I got the rail extensions from Tracks USA so I could have the full 136" hyfax. I got the tunnel ext, hoses, covers, etc from Hartman. I ended getting the 8 tooth drivers (in case I stud it) and gears from.... I'm not going to say. The gears were wrong, and there were two different kinds of drivers, so the teeth would not line up. I paid a mechanic 2-3 hrs to figure this out pressing the old ones off, new ones on, taking them back off, and trying it all over again, etc.

Either way I ended getting new drivers from Chuch at Mountain performance. He was incredibly helpful in getting me drivers ASAP and assisting with any other questions I had. I ended up cracking the gear housing cover by having a gear in backwards, so that really took a lot of fun out of the project for the time.

The sled is great with the 136" and it took some time to get it riding right after tightening up the front straps. I'll never own another 121" again. Or should I say, I'll never buy a 121" again.

Attachments

• LED-4.jpg
    LED-4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
Mountain machines has the best kit ever the freedom axel is the way to go you can with just one kit and you have the option of a 136 or the 141 or a 144 on kit one price three options and you can run 8 or 9 inch wheels call mike at 509 548 9500

i'm likin' the option for 136 to 141 and 8" clear i think i got the ok from the general i'll call you .

true test will be cooke city, geek are you scared?

see-ya!!

Back