Direction of Site!!!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
New Users or Newbie Status:

I wanted to express some concern as new users add their comments to Totallyamaha and TY4Stroke. I think some of you have to remember that just because these users have a Newbie Status and a low post count does not give you the right to jump all over them about what they have posted. And you as users even with thousands of post are not the most knowledgeable. I have spoke with people that are very intelligent and some of the best tuners in my area that have been run off because of their opinions being posted and I have had to convince them to come back and try again. I explain that we have some of the greatest people on our site, but with some of these comments that I have recently scene about “ What drugs are you on” and so on that I am starting to think differently.

I really see the site changing in many directions and some are for the better and some are not. The fun site we use to have is slowly taking this down turn spiral into a complaint site. I miss the fact that we helped more then we complained and with a few of the users we have on the site that’s the only thing they have to say is in a complaint. At this point in the life of the site I don’t know what to do to keep the faith and fun of the sites presents on the web. If this is the direction the site is headed its not the direction I want to take.

Please feel free to comment.

Also we have implemented a 3 day ban for people that continue to post negative comments or take shots at other members.

I couldn't agree more Tom. Once upon a time I was on here 3-4 times a day and enjoyed every second of it, lately it's less and less enjoyable and I'm on less and less often because of it.

I agree completely. Theres alot of us that sit back and watch, ask when we need to and just try to keep up.

P.S. - this is still the greatest Yamaha site ever! - keep up the good work, and I'm sure all of us "veterans" will do the same!!

I second that Ding.This is a great site with many great and intelligent members.I really appreciate how fellow Yamaha members really know there stuff and are willing to help some of us who still are learning things.There are many to mention on my part.Those that have given me advice and help thus far I say Thanks to you guys.It is like one big family in here and I enjoy coming on to the site.Yamaha is a great company and I have faith in their products,or else I wouldn't be riding a Yamaha sled.The sled I own now is my third from Yamaha and I will continue to purchase a Yamaha sled in the future.I also have purchased 2 other Yamaha products in the past with confidence. That was my Tri-Moto(which is up in Heaven now) and My 700 Maxim. :bash: please. Lets all enjoy what the bossman wanted us to do on this site.Learn and help others at the same time.Keep up the good work fellas.

DOUG
(Bluemonster) :yam: :rocks: :WayCool:

This site is becoming more and more popular. If you go to any other snowmobile forum and someone is requesting information on thier Yamaha you almost always see a post directing them to TY for the right answers. The fact that some people will join the site for no other reason than to cause haveck is bound to happen....you just have to ignore them and they will go away. Give the Newbies a chance and if they are full of BS you will see through them.

TY is still BY FAR the best Yamaha site on the internet....Thanks again Tom.

Tom

I agree that this is the #1 yamaha site there is!
Any time I am on another site and see a Yamaha ?, I immediately direct them here.
I know they will get the proper info here. Compared to many other sites, the bashing is minimal. I think the 3-day vacations should be handed out as soon as a bash is seen by a mod. Maybe some of the "bashers" will get the hint.
Keep up the great work guys!

mul

I like the 3-day vacation, but it could be longer! Maybe a strike, then 7-day's off.
I know Ive found myself moderating when I see bashing or other ignorant behavior, sorry for that Tom, I know its not my place to do so. But I hate to see it going on and I know the mods cant read every post.

Keep up the good work Tom, and thanks again!

PS Tom, The sooner the tank top shows up, the sooner the pics will!! lol

LOL...thanks for the support. My damn shirt guy is behind as usual...sorry man...it will be here for the heat of the summer...use some ice on them bad boys ;)!

Tom and all the Moderators, you guys are doing a fine job on a fantastic site. I know that I have been guilty in the past of airing my feelings and distaste for certain posts and even certain people, and in my mind it was a justfull and correct response, but in hindsight it is indeed corruption and for that I apologize.

People will always have a differant of opinion on every topic ever posted here, but we have to respect the forum that we have here and take your (My) bickering elseware. I think the 3 day ban is a good idea, maybe even stretch it further pending the violation. I hope that with your work and diligence we can keep this site exactly what it is, which is the best damn Yamaha/Snowmobile site period.

Keep up the GOOD work, and please don't let a few people ruin it for all.

In my humble opinion, they should get at least a week, maybe two weeks of "vacation". Non-compliance drives me crazy. Rule with the iron fist Tommy.

well, since everyone already said what I feel too I'm just gonna say I agree with everyones comments. This is the best site for yamaha/snowmobiles out there by far and there are plenty of great members to back it up along with Tom. We will be fine.

This site just adds to my feel good feeling of owning a Yamaha. I have learned much over the last couple of years, and have had the chance to help others as well as I get more familiar with the brand after 20 years on a Polaris. As far as the bad behavior is concerned, I agree that it should not be tolerated, and a 7 day ban should be impossed IMO.
Tom, and others, keep up the great work.
2datrl

In addition to all the other reasons why this is such a great site, let me add that all of us have probably saved hundreds of dollars learning techniques here and doing the work ourselves, not to mention all the money we save on parts using the "classified" section.

All of us were newbies at some point. We all need to give newbies the benefit of the doubt, and a fair chance. In time, the people that are here just to make trouble will usually be exposed, and they typically hang themselves.

This is a great site. I would hate for anything to happen to it. Let's all be cool and follow the rules.

I am pretty late to the party here I see :) so tom, have things changed in the way you had hoped? I still feel this is the most accepting, informative, and fun site on the net. I visit this site year round, and only really visit my car site (full of bashers) when it is nice out, and even then only when I really have to lol! this site rocks in every way and I am proud to be a member!

I check this forum at least 3 times a day this time of year. I just keep my mouth shut most of the time because I have limited experience in this area. Anyway, for the most part I have been very happy with the thread and it's "newb friendlyness". I have to say it's one of the only sled forums I can find where it isn't a totall testoserone (sp?) fest.
Keep it up guys.

I do have a complaint!! Ever since I came on here the first time, I've been throwing a ton of cash into my sled and tweeking this and that and been through lots of clutch parts trying to get it finely tuned. If I would have never come on here my sled would still be stock, and I wouldnt have had to put nearly the money into it... I'm very dissapointed that you could put so much awsome information into one single website! As broke as i am though, I wouldnt have had nearly as much fun as i did messing with my sled, and i would still be afraid to touch anything on my sled. Oh yea, and i wouldnt be planning these expensive trips to houghton either!!! Damn you tom!!

On a lighter note, see you at houghton, and i will be renewing my vip, cause this site rocks, and no other brand has a site as good as this one.

Back