SRX Heat exchanger on a 02 Viper

jcc

Hello All,

Just picked up my first yamaha. 2002 viper that is totally stock. Have been told by others to put on a SRX heat exchanger to help with cooling. Just was wondering what other think or feel about this. Thanks

JC

Any idea how much they cost? Instalation is not a problem. I can figure that out. Just wondering on price.

I think they are a couple hundred but give Port Washington a call or maybe one of the after market shops, you may get lucky and find a sweet deal....or even the TY Parts Forum ;)!

i think most had a problem because the cooling systems werent bled properly. you might want to try that first.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Purchase a rear exchanger and install before you ride this winter. I have 7200 miles on my Viper ER and for 6000 of it I had an overheating problem. My dealer got tired of seeing me every weekend with the same issue. They did ALL the recommended bleeding , replacing res. caps, etc. finally, I purchased and installed a rear exchanger amd NEVER saw the temp light or had HOT feet again.

Dave ;)! ;)! ;)!

Pioneer Performance has everything you need with instructions for 80 bucks... thats where i got mine, thought that was a pretty good deal!

Rear heat exchanger

Rear heat exchanger on a viper is a must. Not a hard job to do. Bought one from my dealer for a SXR and it works fine. Never had another problem with it overheating again. Paid 45.00 from the dealer. For some reason it seems cheaper to buy the SRX one instead of a viper one.

yup yamyrider is right, the srx one is about three times the cooling capacity of the sxr one. Althought the sxr one is better than the stock viper crossover tube, it is nowhere near as good as the srx rear exchanger. If you are already doing the job anyway, go for the srx exchanger.

Rear heat exchanger

Sorry for the wrong information. I got the letters mixed up. I meant to say the SRX heat exchanger. That's the one I installed on my Viper.

I bought an SXR exchanger to put in mine when I extend it to 136". I have the Viper rear cooler in there now, but I wanted a smaller one as I'm using a MM extension, and don't want the cooler extending below the extension. Will the SXR be sufficient?? Is the SRX and the Viper rear cooler the same size?? Anyone have a picture of the SRX one if they are different? The rear cooler on a MM 700 is alot smaller than the one that's now on the rear of the Viper, so I'm thinking I don't need the big one.

Going to mount one on my buddy's Viper. Is the rear protector also mandatory when adding the exchanger? Studded with stock track.

protectors are there well for protection...I dont have fronts or rears on my machine and have been lucky with no punctures. It is cheap insurance to put the protectors.

Back