Drilled Track.. Not too bad for a rookie

auji700triple

took me about 3-4 hrs by myself. Cut out the templates and made sure that the rear wheels dont run over them. well you can Probably notice that Some of the holes arn't in line but its not a bad job overall , i dont think. My back is SOO soar right now from all the Bender over and drilling. After i took a small torch and burned off all the thread. take a look and tell me what ya thinks!

Maybe the holes are cut a LITTLE too big..... i used 1 1/4, maybe i shoulda used 1 1/8?

The Chilli peppers and Sam roberts kinda made the work 10% easier! lol God bless stereos!

BTW: Its not as clean as yours Alvin... :whine:

Attachments

• S4020848.JPG
    S4020848.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 32
  • S4020847.JPG
    S4020847.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

o well it was an experimental track. im getting a new one Regardless, that one is just old and witherd.

I think im going to get a 144 2.25" finger Track.

The holes look just fine Auji. CMX uses 1.25", same as you. It is a lot work as you found out. When I did mine, I was recovering from shoulder surgery so 2 friends offered to help. It wasn't long before they wished they hadn't offered. My job was to fetch the beer which I was happy to do. FYI, AD/DC Back in Black was playing on my stereo. When you intall the track you will notice how much easier it is to turn by hand. Tells me there is less power lost to driveline inefficiency. Hope it works out for you.

Same, If it Does Rip im guessing the Track is Un-recoverable.... no more Usage? Thats no problam too me anwyas Because i kinda want to get rid of it. So why not, Try out the Track drilling and see what its all about. The holes look Great, i didn't think it was going to turn out that good! theres Alot of Holes i drilled, Seems like a big chunk of weight to me man, i can't wait to try it on the show.

My viper is probably going to look Close to your Mtn SRX, tryin my hardest to Clue up things before i go to school. Its pretty hard, Needin a crank pretty much from a Newer SRX or viper. cash is Limited, Very limited so its kinda hard to get what ya need with little that you got. lol BUT My dealer is offering me 1,200 for a used viper motor(Everything included) So i think im gonna try and get it and Put new pistons and rings in it and my Ported cylinders, also my pipes are going back on.

Im hopin she will be a whole new sled this year With the Proper Tuning, got myself a RacepakIII so that should help!

Anywyas thanks for the Reply Shortstop, Tyler and Alvin! i will get more pictrues as the sled progress's..

i think the track looks good. last year i ran 5 holes across EVERY row. 3 1.25" holes in the center and 1 1" hole on the outsides of the windows. so far everything seems to be holding up GREAT! i raced all season like that too. on a side note, DO NOT try to make any water crossings with the drilled track. it makes it seem as though you are being dragged down. my cuzn sank his twice and has only two 1.25" holes every row in his track.. hope this helps.

the rotational weight is wat 2 look for, and the fact that when spinning, the snow will be forced out of it so you dont get lagged down

Back