Need help as fast as possible!

chasem

I need quick help, My 1997 1100 triple Yamaha waverunner isn't working properly. About a month ago when I hit the start button, nothing would happen, the engine wouldn't even rumple, just nothing, so I kept hitting it and hitting it over and over again until it would finally start. After the engine was heated and it ran for a little I had no problem. I had no other problems for a next 3 weeks, until yesterday when I changed the spark plugs. The start button wouldn't work at all again except this time it won't start no matter how many times I hit it. I tried putting the old plugs back (they weren't dirty or anything, I just like putting new ones in every now and then) and still nothing, so I took the battery out and charged it, and still nothing.... any sugestions?

if you're not getting anything, then it's most likely your starter switch. The yammy kill switches are known to go bad for no reason. Like Tom asked, does it turn over?

take apart the switch and check the rubber boots inside it. if one is split (usually the shutdwon one) and has water in it it wont allow it to start. we have a pair of 1991? sx 650 wave runners and had this problem on the one. the pissy part is you cant just buy the little rubber boot, you have to buy the whole assmy.

if it doesn't turn over, pm me and I will tell you how to bypass the switch. This way you'll be able to determine if it's the switch or something else. You will have to open the elec. box to do this.

Back