Waverunner III question

Upnorthguy00

Got a 1991 Waverunner III. I was rideing it a few weekes ago and burnt the rear piston. The Cylinder didnt look bad so I hoaned out both sides and put pistons, Rings, Wrist pins and Cages in it. Also replaced all the gaskets. The Motor starts and runs good. I checked the compression and found the rear Cylinder at 110 psi and the Front at 130 psi. Both side hold there pressures. My question is, Will this be a problem? Will it blow up again because of this? or dose it not make much difference.

run it. check it after breakin period to see if comp is closer. 20lb is at the outside of the spec for compareing cyl to cyl. did you find why it burnt down?

not sure why it burt down? I did find a crack in the air cleaner housing ( that plate that sits on top of the carb where the injection lines go). There was a crack and a hunck misssing. Seems to be oiling. I ordered the new part. Carb seemed clean, I sprayed it up any way. Any sugestions or anything to look for?

Thanks Ryan

check the crank seals with some wd40 or quickstart. might be sucking air in through one of those. carb boots as well as they break down over time. spray while the engine is idling and if it picks up rpms you just found why it burned down.

Back