whats the top speed of a 99 averunner 1200?

There's something slower then a Kawi??? Since when? :)

That boat should run 60 and it won't kill try to kill you if you hit a boat wake (like some other brands....).

My stock 97 seadoo GTI's which have 85 hp 718cc hit 52 MPH with me and my wife on them which is around 330 pounds total weight. Not sure how many km'h that is.

sandmanmike1 said:
My stock 97 seadoo GTI's which have 85 hp 718cc hit 52 MPH with me and my wife on them which is around 330 pounds total weight. Not sure how many km'h that is.

Is this 52mph with the dreaomotor or gps? I don't think a stock gti will run 52mph, let alone with two riders.

I love the dreamo!!! My GPR runs 85 lol...slightly less on the GPS though...but it makes you feel good!

We radared 2 of the 96' GTi's doing 51 mph on the dot with one guy on it and my 96' GTX doing 54.5 on the dot with one aboard in flat salt water. If you are talking XLT 1200 then I am thinking 59-62 mph. I have never seen anywhere in Canada even that measures boat or sled speed in KPH. And to the haters, the Ultra likes jumping but is also a few hundred pounds lighter than the average Yamapig or Sea-junk. It also doesn't lose very much in speed with that in mind. The STXR 3 seater is a more "glued-in" style handler that beats the beans and marbles out of everything. Now we have the 3 seater Ultra 250 with a 1500cc supercharged engine cranking out 250HP. But all in all, I think they are all to f**king big these days. We need something like the 96' Sea-doo XP or original Yamaha Blasters to be built again!

yeah... I'm not a big sea-doo fan these days, but other than my Superjet my 96XP was the best ski ever...

My speedo on my 97 gp1200 doesn't read right either. Says 25-30 MPH and I even adjusted the pickup correctly within 1 mm of hull bottom. Been a problem with GP machines I guess. Had a 2001 also the read 10 MPH below GPS reading. Yamaha techs never gave me answers either. Try a new pickup, perform the gauge test in the service manual, get a GPS.

Back