Bought a Yamaha jet boat!

kinger

VIP Member
Its a 1997 exciter 220hp. What a blast to drive, 50+ mph and corners like a jet ski! Now I have something to look forward to when the snow melts every year and not settle into my normal sledding is over depression :)

Good call on the boat. I bought a boat this summer as well because i was so bored. It really helps keep the summers moving along. I am actually going to be a a little bummed when it get too cold to go out on it, but then again i know sledding is coming so it wont be too bad.

Its a 1969 sidewinder 125 outboard. It goes about 50 tops. Its like a go cart on the water, tons of fun. Great shape for a 1969 boat and engine.
DSC00834.jpg

Yeah, they are fun, but being able to wakeboard is a bonus. Plus you can sit and float and drink on a boat, which is also a plus. Much better for bringing some friends.

Here you go, I had to resize them to make the cut off so they will be small. Thanks!

Attachments

• Boat2 small.jpg.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Boat4_small.jpg.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Boat_small.jpg.bmp
    40.4 KB · Views: 45
Scrap the Superjet, buy a Kawasaki 800 SXR...IS AS FUN AS THE SLEDS if not better! You can actually lean it in and stay hooked up in waves when the SJ would be spitting and kicking you overboard. Yeah that old boat is nice for 1969! I have a new 12 foot hydroplane that is alot of fun and great to cruise the river with. It's really good on fuel too for the speed it goes.

Sweet. Boats are great for picking up chicks! Ive considered getting a SuperJet. Ive ridden sitdown PWCs before and they were fun but kinda boring. I think a standup would be a lot of fun and it looks like it would be a great way to stay in shape during the off-season.

thats why the almighty made waterskipping and grass drags so snowmobilers wont slip into normal sledding is over depression, but anywho sweet pickup for a summer ride, i know i'll be just watching my slednecks, braaap, turnagain hardcore, and mountain mod videos while in my garage all summer long

Snojet Steve said:
Scrap the Superjet, buy a Kawasaki 800 SXR...IS AS FUN AS THE SLEDS if not better! You can actually lean it in and stay hooked up in waves when the SJ would be spitting and kicking you overboard.

Nice Boat!!

It depends on what you want to do... My superjet would eat any SXR up when it comes to freestlye and freeriding. For Racing, YES the SXR is the ski, but for free riding there's no comparison. The superjet is so much more fun for rec riding ( I own a sj, but ride both). :wink:

Boating is just another reason I love the Four Seasons!!! We picked up a 227 Cobalt boat this past March, we actually drove from Wisconsin to Pittsburgh to pick it up. It was well worth the trip, it has a 502 Mag MPI-425 HP with silent choice exhaust!! She is a mover and a shaker!

Cobalt
;)!

I just bought a 188 Azure today. traded in my 04 185 Glastron. I was looking at Crownlines but this thing was slightly upscale of those.

Attachments

• Yellow az188.jpg
    Yellow az188.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 27
Turk: Whats the Brand and Size of the Motor and Outdrive on your new boat. Never heard of Azure boats, went to there site and looks like they dont make your model boat anymore.

That boat is brand new for 07 & not on the website. It is the 188 elite. I got it with the volvo-penta 4.3 efi. They will be updating that website in the next month. dealer also has 1 in red & Yamaha blue is available.

Attachments

• azure (Small).jpg
    azure (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
  • azure 2 (Small).jpg
    azure 2 (Small).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16
Can you get it with a outboard or just I/O only? Boat and Trailer are both very nice. Looks like that set-up cost a pretty penny.

Back