Northern Michigan Trail Cleanup!

vmaxjohn

Website
www.myspace.com
Here's a note I recieved from my good friend, Keith in Grayling. The groom a ton of trails all around that area, and need our help. Don' think, "I don't ride in that area, I'm not going to work on those trails". Instead, think, "I can't wait to see my TY friends again, lets get together and have a clean up, and party around the campfire at night!" We've pulled it together for these guys before, let's do it again.

Mr. Sled, please sticky this one!
\
Greetings Idled Sledders,

Well it's that time of the year to start thinking about trail maintenance.

We are having a hack, whack and drag brush party coupled with a stone throwing festival ( hopefully not at each other ) on Sept. 30th starting here at Fay's at 9:00am.

We could definitely use some help this year as it looks like there's plenty of areas that are in need of some application of tools of destruction.

As usual, room rates will be 50% for those of you who wish to stay over and have a few pops and set around the campfire and tell each other lies.

Several hundred of you have been reading this thing that we put out for many years and know that we always sign off with a "Be Safe"followed by Keith, Sandy and The Girls and many of you have come to know our Girls as Zero the Official Greeter and K.D. our awesome bird dog. Unfortunately we lost K.D. to an automobile incident nearly two weeks ago, but I'm still going to sign off as usual due to K.D's replacement arriving tomorrow.

Hope to see some of you on the 30th.

Please Be Safe,
Keith, Sandy and The Girls

i was going to post this as well but, john beat me to it. we have had these helping sessions in the past, if anyone is interested please post here and try to meet up with keith's group on the 30th at the hotel. it is a good time, a good cause and you are really giving back to the communities up there and the sledders as a whole.

on a side note i wrote back to keith about the passing of their friend, here it is in whole. ski

keith, sandy, very sorry to hear about KD. i know how much you loved her after she found you and you rescued her. dogs are special people (yes they are) they are like our children. and a bird dog and it's family have a very special bond. sharing living and playing quarters together. helping put table fair up for us and our guests. picking us up when were down, and still managing to make us feel good when we miss a shot after they worked so hard to pin a bird down to flush for us. tom huggler once wrote, an petting english setters ears after a hard days hunting are like running your hands over corn silk. i think about that now and again, as we have had to put down my favorite setter awhile ago. i think and remember the feeling of trust loyalty and friendship that we both instilled in one another, and rejoice he he running in a damp forrest, floored with deer ferns and colored leaves smelling autumn and birds forever. thinking about you all on this day. your friends. eric & lynne kirgis and the totallyamaha.com family.

Back