TY Houghton Hancock Ride – Dec 15th thru the 17th

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
I am trying to get some better rates on rooms and trying to find a hotel that best suites our needs on the rides. Please tell me how many rooms you would need when attending each of the rides listed. Please don't not post anything other then if you will be attending the ride or the number of rooms you will need.

If I can get any numbers together on the users or room quantities in the next few days it will be up to you to get your own rates. Most of the Hotels and Motels in the ride areas are pretty tight on the prices and I am just trying to help us all save a few bucks.

I'll know soon, but I think that I/ we will be up Thur-Sat.
2datrl

I would say dont waste your money. At the point were they had the most snow, they still only had 12-24 inches. It's been warm up here and there since friday and not much sign of cooling down. It was so warm on friday-sunday night, it was melting throughout the whole night, and now its raining and supposed to for the next couple days... also none of the web cams up that way look to promising here's the link to john dee's webcams

http://www.johndee.com/ncn/ncn.htm

If you still wanted to ride, there might still be rideable snow towards muni/grande marais this weekend, but it'd be off trail snow i would imagine, but i expect the trails to be mud by the end of the week. they did have more snow than houghton to start with believe it or not, but the temps are going to be warmer there too, so Im guessing the whole UP is going to be shot by the end of the week... Sh*tty

O.K. guys and gals...

I have been contacting all over, and reporting the news to Tom on an hourly basis, and he told me to Post and cancel the Houghton/Hancock TY ride. Here is his and my last email before noon:

(Terry if you could post that the Houghton Ride is cancelled and that we might get together in Muni if we get the report that its still ride able.)

Just called Chad at M&M Powersports in Hancock, and he said it poured this morning, and water skipping is the only thing now. Chad said Yamaha cancelled the demo there, and went to Gaylord. Chad also mentioned that the matts are not down as of yet, and crossing the bridge would be metal grading. I didn't think it was going to get this bad, and am very sad that it won't hold off for us for Hancock.

Jim (buddah2) says there is some hope to ride trail out East from Wetmore, but not much.

Back