"The Official Pinks TV Show Thread"

Tork

"The Pinks TV Show Thread" TYers are racing!

If any motorsports TV viewers are unaware that YAMAHA Snowmobiles are Awesome High Performance Machines, they will soon be getting one heck of an education.
Pinks is 1950's style best 3 out of 5 high stakes 1/4 mile Drag Racing. Watched by over 2 million viewers, Pinks is refered to as the hottest weekly motorsports show on television.

We are delighted to have two TY members, both experienced and dedicated racers, each doing their best to win, and in the process they will give our sport, TotallYamaha and Yamaha Snowmobiles some exciting and fantastic publicity.

"Why Texas?" It is because people there call these ice machines, and never thought they could run a fast 1/4 mile. The planned 10-21-06 taping in Ennis Texas is a long haul from Northern Wisconsin and even further from the New England East Coast. These guys, both married and raising children are doing this to advance our sport and they could use your help. This is a very big event for all of us and very costly for them. If you have the ability please help them out, No amount is too small or too large. Mailing a check or a money order is best for both of these guys, but if paypal is more convenient, that is fine also. Send to:

Tyler Flagg (SRXMAGIC) 1995 V-Max 4, piped
31 Old Westfield Road
Granville MA 01034
Paypal link srxmagic@yahoo.com

AND

Terry Burmeister (NOS-PRO) 2006 Attak w/NOS
3606 Division Street
Manitowac WI 54220
Paypal link tlb@lsol.net

As a bonus, for the first time in Pinks history, also planned is a third TY member racing against only the clock, trying for a 7.75 second run at over 170 MPH.

Please feel free to post on this thread. Let's keep all posts positive and up beat. Keep in mind that Pinks racers have to sign a contract, and they may not be free to discuss every single aspect of the race, show taping and other matters. Let's not push matters that they may not be free to discuss.

Both Terry and Tyler are stoked beyond what you can imagine. They are so grateful to MrSled and all TotallYamaha Members for the words of support, and for helping them achieve such a high point for our sport.

Learn more about Pinks and Speed TV here http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/index.php

pinks_top-home.jpg

Last edited:

So how did you get selected for this honor? Did they contact you or did you guys contact Pinks?

I'm just wonering becuase I Emailed pinks about 9 months ago suggesting sled races. I attached a video of a turbo RX1 making a pass to give them the idea of just how incredible these machines really are.

Congrats and I'm looking forward to the episode. Any idea when its slated to air?

Tom

WOW I can't wait to see it. So you said they are racing strickly against the clock? Not other sleds or cars? I thought the whole idea behind Pinks was if you lost, you lose your ride, but if you aren't racing anyone, what is there to lose? Cant wait to see it and good luck guys.

That is great, I love that show. Never thought I would see sleds on it. Best of luck to all the racers.

I know that Tyler and Terry are working day and night getting ready for Pinks.
So if none of you guys mind, I'll try and answer a few questions.
They will be updating us with new developments, so don't worry about that LOL.

ejcamaro said:
Cool, good to see a new thread on this subject. Tyler you'll have to let me know if you still want help transporting.

I heard about this from Convert. Using your trucking firm to provide transportation and logistical support. I cant tell you, how cool this is!!!!

Viper Tom said:
So how did you get selected for this honor? Did they contact you or did you guys contact Pinks?

I'm just wonering becuase I Emailed pinks about 9 months ago suggesting sled races. I attached a video of a turbo RX1 making a pass to give them the idea of just how incredible these machines really are.

Tom, you quite probably played a part in getting the ball rolling. RX 1 video you sent closed the deal no doubt.
Terry seemingly got a call somewhat out of the blue from Rich @ Pinks perhaps 10 weeks ago.........

BBlue SRX said:
WOW I can't wait to see it. So you said they are racing strickly against the clock? Not other sleds or cars? I thought the whole idea behind Pinks was if you lost, you lose your ride, but if you aren't racing anyone, what is there to lose? Cant wait to see it and good luck guys

No, Terry and Tyler are dong the normal Pinks style, clocks off, racing against each other. But this special show will have an additional event, a blistering try for a world record, single sled racing against the clock (this exibition run with the clock on is a first time ever event for a Pinks show)
That is supposed to be a surprise so let's let Terry update us on that closer to taping date.

Last edited:
Hmmm....maybe if it was my Email that started this you guys could at least mention me on the show or let me be your negotiator or something.......I can really lay down a line of BS if I need to!!!!

Tork, You are correct.

The taping is Oct. 21st, and should be aired about 4 weeks after that I believe. I was talking to Rich, and he said the Tosto brothers was taped mid July this year, and was aired on August 30th.

Rich called me, and asked if I would be interested in running against another asphalt sled on his show. Rich mentioned he saw my name and picture on 4 performance websites, and found my number on one of these sites.

Thanks Tork for getting this post going, and helping out with this HUGE opportunity!

Tork said:
I know that all these Shows put very rigid constraints on what the racers can say and the time they have to speak. That may simply not be possible.
Plus the slogan is "Lose the race lose your ride" hmmmm... if it were me, I know I would have to negotiate for myself.
Don't worry, the Glory of this event reflects back on all of us.

Besides donations, promotion, logistical support, pit crew support, spare parts etc.
The best thing we can do for these guys is to give them total freedom without demands constrictions or restraints, so that they can do their very best.

Yea, I know...I was just kidding.

I'm really looking forward to checking it out. Best of luck to both teams.

ViperTom if your interested contact Terry or Tyler they may need help in the pits i know at one time Terry was looking for help on location.

Convert said:
ViperTom if your interested contact Terry or Tyler they may need help in the pits i know at one time Terry was looking for help on location.

There are alot of guys here way more knowlegable than myself who I'm sure would love to help them out. If they do need my help....sure....I can polish aluminum like no other!!!!! Can't go on TV with out...... :bling:

You know what we need to do........get the TY guys there as spectators. Maybe we should see if we can get something together as far as planning a trip down to watch the event if thats posible?

Tom

Southwest has flights from Chicago to Dallas for $69-89 ea way right now.
and $99-109 out of Detroit

That's friggin' awesome that there's finally going to be sleds on Pinks and TY'ers to boot! That has to be my favorite show!

Man, I'll be taping that episode for sure. Please post the date/time when it becomes official.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Cheers.

Tylers paypal link is now on the first post it is srxmagic@yahoo.com

Watched Pinks again. Viper Tom is right.Would be cool to see a bunch of our guys there, MrSled, Allen Ulmer and a bunch more.

Tyler, did you get the Max 4 converted over to asphalt?
When are you doing test runs.

Terry, any more from Rich

I will be sending donations this weekend!!!!

Nothing more from Rich, but time is winding down, and hope the journey is a safe one. I will represent Totallyamaha whenever I can, and hope to have a contribution board made up, and standing next to the sled on the starting line. I have noticed, they kind of stray away from the sponsor stickers, I need to get 2 stickers in white of the Totallyamaha.com word stickers to put right on the sides. Or better yet, a small sticker on the shield of my helmet????????

TORK, THE MAX IS SET TO RUN. WENT TO VALLEY LAST NIGHT FOR TEST AND TUNE AND GOT RAINED OUT :whine: GOING BACK TO THE VALLEY ON SAT.

Your helper

That's cool Magic.....at least I didn't drive all the way up there for nothing. Next time why don't you let me know when you are headed up there so I can give you a hand. That is.....let me know with more lead time than an hour and a half!!! It takes me 2:15 to get there!!!

Madmatt

Back