Rx1 finally in process!

familyman

Lifetime VIP Member
Finished Pictures! I have spent alot of time on this project, hope it shows.
What does everyone think? What does everyone think of the flat black look? Does it need a bold custom paint on it??? Boy it looks slow:rofl:
Start..........
100_0384.jpg

Finish.......
100_0639.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

Last edited:

nope not the engine mounts. there is a oil hose going across whats wrong. Maxdlx

WOW. Ventilated crankcase. Good luck with the repair. Just curious, but was the engine turbocharged, supercharged or NOS injected? If not I'd be a little miffed at having it let go like that.

No boost or nos, at least not until is back together. rod let go and came through the case. Maxdlx

^^^^^^^^
Same thing happened to a friend's 2003 RX-1. Except his was on cylinder #2 behind the starter motor.

It was a cold morning, about -10F. He started his sled up and it ran fine during the morning. At about 11 AM, we were taking a break and he said his sled was starting to make a sort of hissing noise. It only did it before engagement though. He thought maybe something in his clutch was making the noise and decided to ride it. Later that day the motor let go. Aluminum on the spark plug and a hole punched in the case.

Well the vented case isnt stock. What I did find out is water in the oil tank causes it. I unfortuantely only had 300 miles on the sled before I found this out. I am sure is it #2 that went on mine as well.

I have a turbo ready for it, and hopefully nos before the snow flies. I am building the motor as of right now. I think I can make it thru it. I have a completely different crank, block, rods and pistons. I will be taking the rest from the stock motor.

Puzzle to say the least! :rofl:

maxdlx, you coming over tonight? I hope to have the motor out before I go to wisconsin Saturday.

Well the motor is out, I would like to wrench on it this next week. I have to finish the wifes '03 trailblazer (front end impact, getting a new front clip installed) and build my spiral stair and railings for my house also before the inspector will give us a final. Busy Busy Busy.
100_0385.jpg

100_0384.jpg

100_0386.jpg

Just a few pics of its progress. I got the plastic all painted last night. For some reason got up at 3:30 this morning and started assembling it. UMMM might be I heard 10" of snow possible tonight. ;)!

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0493.jpg

Well a few under hood pics for you guys that dont make it over to the 4 stroke side.

I am running a bender stage 2 turbo. Motor sounds very strong...hope my shade tree fabrication holds up.... :rofl:

100_0514.jpg

100_0513.jpg

100_0498.jpg

Nice looking sled. Hopefully you get more than 300 miles out of it this time. Nothing ruins your fun quicker than a major break down on the first trip of the year. :o|

you guys quit confussing him. It needs to have a fat bastard on it right away, and run to the pin, at 12lbs boost. Comon let me ride it. LOL Maxdlx

Back