Long travel SRX front

aSRX600guy

I know there are 1 or 2 places that can longtravel the front shocks from a SRX. any experience with em?

I need to get them rebuit anyway.

any other options out there that wont break the bank?

Thanks for any advice

if you have ohlins fronts it is real easy, buy the advantage-edge shock extenders for 50.00 and the tool to install it. you can the the extensions from rich or direct from advantage edge in canada. it gives you 1" of travel. if you do not have ohlins you'll need to send them in for longer shock shafts and internal mods to get you the longer travel, but then it gets expensive. maxx performance, b-line, pionneer all do this suspension mod. i used bruce at b-line for my 01 srx long travel i replaced the rear with viper shocks and springs he revalved for me and put the ohlins extenders up front. sits up like and sxR now. bruce is very customer oriented and turn around is fast and tech service is at your fingertips. ski

Larry' Small Engines in Orangeville is reasonable 1-519-941-1517. I asked them to put in the longer shafts but they said no based on input from the Ohlins rep. I used the extensions from Advant-Edge. $89.00 Canadian plus $8.00 shipping and another 15% for taxes. Larry's rebuilt my shocks for $250.00 but that included a new shaft ($80.00). The rear of the skid can be long traveled using the Max-perf kit from R&L Equipment in Verner. They offer a summer package of $490.00 Canadian which includes shipping, taxes and instructions.

Back