Ski-Doo

Kelly Shilts
Arctic Cat

Scott Moser
Arctic Cat

Charlie Downs
ski-doo

result WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?

what is happening with the yamaha's , we are never winning races anymore. all I see is skidoo polaris and mostly arctic cat. I mean I thought the srx's could stand up to the mxz's, revs, and all that. and the firecats? I wish yamaha would come out with some lighter sleds. if they could get that rx1 to weigh like 100 lbs, we would dominate racing again like we did when the v max 4 came out. I have an rx1, 01 srx, and a 99 srx 600 and I think all these sleds have way more power than the competitors but the difference in weight for our yamaha's is like 100 pounds more in every class. i just really miss seeing yamaha actually placing.

Im a big Yamaha fan,and i like it when yamaha build sleds that last instead of making them weak and having the highest hp in the classes.
Im often out alone riding here in Sweden,and i know that when riding a Yamaha i dont have to walk home.I know that i can be safe on my mm700-01./Max

yamaha sleds

I love yamahas and their dependability too and i wouldn't buy any other brand, but i wish they would just lighten up the sleds a little. Right now i think yamaha has the highest hp in their classes, but there are just 100 pounds heavier in there classes and with that much more weight, it bogs down some of that hp making them slower than the other brands with less hp.

WHAT CLASSES???

srx600-
what classes are you talking about?
since they don't make the almighty SRX anymore, the only class yamaha
can brag about would be the 4-stoke class-ehh??
yamaha is not commited to racing anymore-and it shows-big time!
How can anyone be proud to race big 1000cc (4-stoke) sleds in the
SOO I-500 against 600cc twins??-and the rx-1's still didn't win.
In grass drags- they don't have any stock class sleds to race.-why??
they don't and can't compete. SRX 700's, VMAX-4 800's- they were awesome for some time-not any more. Don't get me wrong-- I still love
the yammy's but I havn't seen it this bad in ..well...EVER! Just a thought
put two YZ450 motors together, with the a-arm front, a new rear skid
and make it - LIGHTWIEGHT!!!--maybe it will bring the masses back..
just maybe.

classes

pretty much everyclass. The new F7's have about the same power as the srx's but like 100+ pounds lighter. The yamaha company over uses what it has. It never improves its stuff much. The 04 rx1's are the same as 03's. The rx1 is not really that much better than the srx in terms of power and racing and all that stuff. but the rx1 weighs 100+ pounds more than the srx. The f7 has a little less hp than the srx, like a couple of hp but its 100 pounds lighter so it can waste the srx. My rx-1 got royaly beat by an xcr 800 and i tweaked the rx-1 with the lightweight parts u can get for them from hauck and other companies and the 800 was stock. the 600's are underpowered for their weight, all the yamaha's are underpowered for their weight. Yamaha needs to get their act together. I was really discouraged with the 04 lineup. nothing better than the 03 line up and that one was bad. MSASRX I agree with you totally about the lightweight that yamaha needs. Another thing is that yamaha has the srx for 4-5 years and didn't improve it all that much while other brands made theirs better and better until WHOA! yamaha is left in the dust. this is because they make something really good then dont improve it, they are satisfied with it for the next 5 years, Thats what is going to happen with the rx-1 its going to go unchanged for 5 years. I hate having to spend thousands in performance products just to be able to compare with a stock sled of another brand.

Re: classes and Yamaha

Yamaha will be back, just a little patience will be needed. As far as your F7 blowing me away SRX600, never, never gonna happen. Stock to stock, mod to mod. Any lake, and radar run, anywhere :lol:

Re: yamaha

Then we gotta get you dialed in buddy, cause you should NOT be losing to any cat, stock. I ate my fair share of F7's last year.

Where you located? :wink:

srx

it was stock vs. stock I'm in maine and I could beat him in longer races but the shorter ones he had the advantage. Sure if its a mile race no prob, but quarter mile its alot different.

Re: srx

Well, I ran 95 and 94 respectfully at the snowdeo last year in NH, and twice won the Saturday drags in Jackman on Long pond.

We gotta take a look at that thing for ya. We'll be making our annual trip up to Jackman in January. Maybe we can hook up then. :lol:

Hey guys-guess what?
The SRX 700's and the F7's are not in the same class-eh?
Sorry-been on a canadian fishing trip for 5 days up on kaby lake between
wawa and hearst-WOW! Had a good time.Picked up some local language
up there.The F7 is a single pipe 700cc twin ditchbanger-with long travel,
sleds in its class are the viper,xc700sp,and (mxz700-no longer).The
SRX is a tripple cylinder 700cc with trip.pipes - and low suspension-LAKE
RACER-REMEMBER! It's still not apples to apples guys! I got beat alot of
times by F7's up to 1/4-1/2mile drag racing , sometimes I would catch em
quicker- but after that I would go by on the top end. I even have long-travel on both ends-still has good top speed.How long are most drag races??--Two miles long--NO, the f7's are just extremley quick and pretty fast-stock.

srx vs. rx1

i have an 01 srx and a 03 rx1, I was wondering if anyone has raced these sleds against eachother (stock). I cant ride em both at the same time so i dont know. I like em both, its hard to pick between. I just dont like how the rx1 is soo heavy and tippy. I must have tipped my rx1 3-4 times, just doing normal trail riding. and 1 of those times I broke the winshield and the gaugepod. Never had that problem with my srx. I heard of a new part yamaha made for the 04's that stabalizes it or something????? Also has ne one gone viper vs. f7? or srx vs. rev800?

SRX600-
Yes I have-(well my SRX700 is a 2000,and a good friend of mine bought a
2003 Rx-1 last year) after all our trash talk all summer and fall we finally got a chance to run ' em - Mid-jan. (I let him break it in first!) Much to my
or that is his suprise-he couldn't even compete!! I expected him to blow
by me at @60-70mph-didn't happen. Every time we raced- I would motor
by him in the mid-range through the top end. When I ordered my #4 clutch kit from Hauck power sports-thats what pat hauck said should happen-That I would beat him up to about 100 or so , then the RX should go by me--Not so in my case. Anyone else have the same result in the
SRX vs. RX-1 races??? Or does my SRX run better than most-even with Long-travel!! I did however like theRx-1's A-arm ft. suspension, but yamaha can have the rest of that sled-Way , way to HEAVY and to ME
A big waste of $$$$-thats just my opinion-

MSASRX,

Same results here as well......my brother-in-law bought a new RX-1 last year.....I gave him 700 miles to break it in......I have a 98 srx700....no contest......start to finish.....ran away from him every time......both sleds have 192 studs....however....I am geared down a bit....and have some clutching done as well.......I would take him out of the hole and after 250 ft would be 4-5 sled lengths ahead of him......by 500 ft about 6-7 sled lengths ahead........however......like Pat told you.......he owuld catch....and pass me once we reached the 100 mph mark.......my sled quits pulling about 95-100mph mainly because of the gearing.......if I had stock gearing I would imagine I would have the exact same results as you did.......these RX-1's are still impressive to me.....they just dont stop pullling. They may not pull as hard at first as the SRX....or even a viper with triple pipes.......but they just dont stop.

Oh yeah.......I can't remember any F-7 actually beating me last season either.......there were two of them that made it interesting.......and made me sweat a little.....but still never got beat.

Wreck

Back