let's see your boat.

amatosrx

VIP Life Member
heres one of our boats. 1975 sanger 18 ft with a 427 tall deck with a 1471 littlefield blower an enderlie injection brodix heads and mallory ignition. this is what we do in the summer time. we have three drag boats. this one has 1800 hundred horse and goes 8 seconds in the quarter mile. top speed is 145 .all of the polishing was done by me . i want this motor in my sled.

Attachments

• 100_0439 (2).jpg
    100_0439 (2).jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_0440 (2).jpg
    100_0440 (2).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0441 (2).jpg
    100_0441 (2).jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0442 (2).jpg
    100_0442 (2).jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 10

holy sh@t someone wants to go fast. what do you get with that.
Pat

(i guess i wont post by canoe with my 2 horse yammi)

I had a 04 Glastron 185 & I just water-checked? a 07 Azure 188 Elite. Got pics of old & new boat.

Attachments

• Yellow az188 (Small).jpg
    Yellow az188 (Small).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19
  • old boat (Small).jpg
    old boat (Small).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 22
24 Baja Outlaw

Offshore racing engine built by teage, 605 Tall deck, Natural aspiration, 850HP.
90+ MPH

Attachments

• Baja 2.JPG
    Baja 2.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
Awesome boats guys!! Jus remember guys.......wear you life preserver!!!!

tommy-boy-holy-schneike-edition-200.jpg

I was bitten by the boat bug at 1 time. I have some pics of my creation but they would have to be scanned to be used as they are not digital. I took a 88 bayliner capri open bow boat that originally came with a 125hp force outbard on it and replaced the 32mph wide open set up with a 3.4 liter mercury blackmax 300hp outboard. For those who dont know this is a v6 with 6 carbs 2 stroke engine! Anyways to make a longstory short the boat had a 50mph speedo in it and it would bury the needle at less then half throttle, I had to add trim tabs to the boat to be able to drive it as the only thing in the water was about a foot of the rear hull, it would easily do over 75mph! Changed the prop to a 4 blade chopper style to try and get some of the chime walk out of it, but you never could hold it wide open for more then a few seconds as you could lose control of it so easily. I absolutely loved the looks on these guys faces when youd blow by thier 40ft cigar boats with twin bigblocks with a bayliner with fishin rod holders across the back...LOL!! our lake here is only about 5-6 miles long, didnt take to long to go from end to end racin them big boats.

amatosrx, are you related to the drag racing champion Joe amato? either way that is one bmf of a boat engine.I have been fascinated with blown engine's for along time,and one will be between the rails of my maibu

I'am not related to joe but we have met before when we used to go the races. thanks this is a passion me my brother and dad have. we have three blown alcahol boats. the fastest one is a hrdro that went 6.97 seconds and 169.6 miles an hour in the liquid quarter mile. that was set in waco texas in 1998.

amatosrx said:
I'am not related to joe but we have met before when we used to go the races. thanks this is a passion me my brother and dad have. we have three blown alcahol boats. the fastest one is a hrdro that went 6.97 seconds and 169.6 miles an hour in the liquid quarter mile. that was set in waco texas in 1998.

I couldnt even imagine the feeling you get from the G forces and that kinda speed.....One Word........INSANE!!!!!!

yes it is a rush driving these boats. Our engine builderand family friend is john haas out allegan mi. and he is the world champion in IHBA. he holds the world record in speed and et. 256 mph and 4.2 seconds in the quarter. he races this weekend is arizona at the world finals.

It's not real fast. I'm ready to upgrade. The thing just feels smaller than when I first got in it.

Attachments

• Late ise fishing trip.jpg
    Late ise fishing trip.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 15

Back