Eager Rivel ride

ejcamaro

Life Member
Website
www.myspace.com
I stay in Conover every year for Derby weekend, go up on Thursday and head back on Monday. I like Conover because its right in the middle of Eagle River and the U.P. (only 8 miles to Eagle and 9 miles to the U.P. border).

I just booked a resort house in Conover on Lake Denton, right on Trail #8. I have it for 4 days(Jan18th thru 21st) and would end up being about $25 per person per night. It sleeps 20+, has a full bar, 7 bedrooms, 3 full baths, pool table, cable, etc. may have a few spots left in this house, but won't know untill closer to the ride.

I also have a deposit down from months ago on the place I stayed at the last 2 years in Conover, The Buckatabon Lodge, also right on the trail. It sleeps up to 12 and goes for $950 for the 18th thru 21st, again, less than $25 per night per person. If anyone is interested let me know beore I try to get my depsit back on this one. Its a great place, just that my group outgrew it.
http://www.buckatabon.com/cgi-bin/i/i.pl?key=cottage (its the 3 bedroom one, thats all thats available in the winter here)

I also checked out the Hillview Resort, which is just on the North side of Buckatabon Lale, a straight shot across to the forementioned Buckatabon Lodge. I rented a cabin there last year due to overflow. These cabins are smaller and sleep 4-5 people each, $550 for 4 nights apiece. They will rent the entire resort for $1500 for all 4 cabins for 4 nights, sleeping a total of 18 people. http://www.hillviewonbuckatabon.com/cabins/

Sure Tom, I'm sure I can fit you and 2 more in the resort house. Maybe if I can get a few more I'll just keep the other cabin too??? I'll give it a week and see what the intrest is.

Need a few guys to start filling the other cabin up now. Anyone?? Its cheap per person and nice. I'll even donate half my deposit to get some ty'ers in there, up to 12, but 10 is very comfortable.

Back