2003 Viper mountain Hauck 780 project

mountain_mod_viper

2003 Viper mountain Hauck 780 project (now finished!!!)

Here's an 03 viper mtn that I picked up last spring. It's got (or will have) an apex 162" rear skid, Ekholm tunnel with D&R, attack 20 track, plp front end, team secondary, mtn fit hood, simons cpr pipes, peak head, 38mm mach z carbs, hauck 780 bigbore with additional porting by Lloyds' Performance. It should be a fun one in the mountains! I'm considering selling it when I'm done, but i don't know yet!

Attachments

• Viperproject.JPG
    Viperproject.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

I'll just have to see how it performs! I've already got a viper like this one, but with a holz rear skid, boss seat, p-85 primary, powder pro skis, 780 big bore (not the hauck kit). My other viper is very impressive and I don't think this one will ever compete with it due to the heavy apex rear skid on it vs. the Holz on the other one. I am very excited to get it finished and try it out though.

you can get a mod I believe it's called a k mod it takes like 16 lbs off the apex skid I though it was around 6-700.00

I've thought about the K-Mod, but I'm trying to keep the price down on this one. If it's performance is close to my other viper, then I'll consider the K-mod. I'll post a pic of my other viper. I definitely like the blue tunnel better!

Attachments

• bossseat1a.JPG
    bossseat1a.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The viper is now finished!!!

I finally got it put back together about a month ago and have put a few hundred miles on it. It runs great! I ended up putting a p-85 primary on as well as some simmons skis. I haven't cut out the mtn fit hood yet, but prefer the stock hood anyways when riding in deep powder because it does a better job at keeping the snow off the airbox. It's alot of fun to ride, but I've already got one just like it, but with a holz skid, so I'd kind of like to sell this one.
Here's what It's got:
2003 mtn viper 950 miles
hauck 780 big bore
simons cpr pipes with new ceramic coating
38mm mach z carbs with cpc tps block
carbon tech reeds
newer style peak head with 20.8 cc domes
lightweight front end (trailing arms, radius and steering rods)
ekholm tunnel with D&R
new 162 Attack 20 track (hillclimb position)
new take off 162" apex suspension
Polaris primary #1321740 w/50 gram weights 140-340 spring
Team tss-98 seconday with 60/42 .46 helix 140-220 spring
new digatron dt54sn guage w/3 temp and water temp probes.
mtn fit polycarbonate hood (not yet installed) smoke color
That's all I can think of right now!

Attachments

• mtnviper5.JPG
    mtnviper5.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 27
  • mtnviper4.JPG
    mtnviper4.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 45
  • mtnviper3.JPG
    mtnviper3.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 32