Loaded it into the truck today, hopefully final pics

dnale

VIP Member
With alot of help from here, I finally loaded my sled back into my truck to take it back to my in-laws to be put in the trailer. It's ready for snow. It's been ready but I've been tinkering here and there. So last but not least, here's some photos.

Attachments

• finish sled side.JPG
    finish sled side.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 36
  • finish sled other side.JPG
    finish sled other side.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 22
  • finish sled front.JPG
    finish sled front.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
  • finish sled front low.JPG
    finish sled front low.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 19
  • finish sled back.JPG
    finish sled back.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 14

Nice sled man.. hard to believe it`s a 1996model.. .
Makes me miss mine.. :)

mulderdad said:
looks good man!
What's the bar out front for?

grab bar you could get from yam back in the day

she looks awsome dnale, the fruits of your labor, no motor pics..lol

I have one motor pic but it's nothing special really. I did use that yellow and paint the secondary plate and polished that lip and did some cleaning. I painted my pipes but that's really about it. It looks like a twin with pipes. Thanks for all of the complements guys. I debated about doing the tunnel. It's not as nice as alot of other's out there but it looks better than it did. I'd certainly say that I've probably done more maintenance on it in the last two years than it had done the first 8. I wish the nose cone mesh would have been in one peice but I ended up having to jb weld it together since it was in 5 peices and I'm not a welder. Then I painted it backwards... I like the "grab bar". It looks like it should be there. I don't understand why it wasn't stock since the nose cones aren't the most durable when cold. I'm a little concerned the new lower windshield will be too low. Heck it doesn't even cover my gps mount. I have a power connector plus I put a little pocket heater thing in behind it so it gets some heat.

I loaded and unloaded it and then loaded it back into the trailer all by myself tonight. That was interesting but fitting. I ripped across the back of the inlaws yard and it was good. The new reeds and the notch cleaned it up alot idle-wise.

I still have the clear higher windy plus another windy that I'll probably take along in case it's too cold. I'd imagine I'll be ok to a point but if it's too cold, swap time!

Looks like mine!!! Well sort of, I have blue loops and I am thinking about polishing my tunnel today cause im bored and need something to do.....

I just wish my front shock cans weren't in the shape they are. Both are dented but functional. Neither one is or my doing but oh well. Those things are impossible to get too.

The yellow was just a coincidence kinda. I bought the ski's and they had the yellow loops. I wasn't wild about it but what the heck right. Then I started to like them more and thought the mesh would be a good trim peice as well. I've gotten a few more yellow things around my house and I didn't think I'd like yellow, but it's certainly grown on me.

Back