No snow = clean sled

Jeff22

Well if nothing else, the fact that we haven't had enough snow to take the sled out this season has given me lots of time to clean it all up. Latest project was polishing the tunnel up......here is a before and after pic.....you can see the before the tunnel looked almost painted grey,, and the rivets were rusty and terrible looking......thanks to 2000SRX for a few pointers on polishing.....this is the only pic i took so far and it doesn't do it justice.....looks like a mirror in person...I'll post some more pics maybe when i get the seat and everything back on tomorrow

before
DSC00075.jpg

after
DSC00247.jpg

I didnt' bother doing up under the seat,, seemed kinda pointless with all the work it took to get the side and the running board area shined up

Last edited:

there was a little.....not really enough to get out in though....but it's now been raining for the past day or so............lawnmower is likely to see action before the sled at this rate....

Nice job on the polishing,I did the same to my SRX no snow and above freezing temps might as well do something constructive.Like the Moose light too but I find I've been favoring the Moose Cold Filtered light lately. :letitsnow

looks fantastic! glad to see you figured out the photobucket thing too ;) so did you replace the rivets, or polish cleaned them up?

I cleaned em up. Rubbed a bit of neverdull on em and then rubbed clean with superfine steel wool one at a time. They look like they never seen water before, and the polishing took out any of the small marks left behind by the steelwool. Finished cleaning for a bit though,,,,,we got SNOW!!!!

DSC00343.jpg

well there goes the neighborhood ;) I am headed to northen NH this weekend. going to put together the Merc Twister I have and run that, and get some good test miles on the new MONO in the viper!!! Pretty excited myself to be getting winter weather finally lol! looks great, nice work!

Back